Tick Tock.

MelO

Tick Tock.

Post by MelO » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

I am patiently waiting for the following, anyone know when we can expect any of these to be presented to an eager public?
1) Sonia Poulton's documentary
2) Goncalo Amaral's new book
3) Gemma O'Doherty's documentary.

honestbroker1

Re: Tick Tock.

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:51 pm

MelO wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm
I am patiently waiting for the following, anyone know when we can expect any of these to be presented to an eager public?
I think 1 and 2 have been quietly crossed off the list

3 If Gemma O'Doherty's tweets are any guide, she seemed to majoring quite heavily on Eddie's reaction to the McCanns' hire car. If that's so, then she might, just, have been persuaded that she should think of a different tack.

Hael

Post by Hael » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 pm

MelO wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm
They make such a huge song and dance about their soon to be released documentary/book, but when asked, they vanish like mist before the sun.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 pm

On Gemma's McCann documentary, the other thought that occurs is that she has a reputation as a serious investigative journalist (more solidly based, I think, than Poulton). She wouldn't want to make an arse of herself with an ill-researched 'documentary' on the McCanns (I imagine).

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 pm

honestbroker1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 pm
On Gemma's McCann documentary, the other thought that occurs is that she has a reputation as a serious investigative journalist (more solidly based, I think, than Poulton). She wouldn't want to make an arse of herself with an ill-researched 'documentary' on the McCanns (I imagine).
Hmmmm.....the Jury is out on that one HB...she seems to be using the trolls for information :snig:
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 pm

catkins wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 pm
honestbroker1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:13 pm
Hmmmm.....the Jury is out on that one HB...she seems to be using the trolls for information :snig:
A less explainable mistake to make than the McCanns, perhaps, not choosing the creme-de-la-creme of private investigators ....

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 am

Gemma O'Docherty has surfaced.

Publication this weekend.

catkins

Post by catkins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:27 am

:rolleyes:
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Looking at her tweets, she is coming up with nothing new in my opinion, just the usual, the dogs etc which have all been discussed. Just trying to get a name for herself isn't she.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

MelO

Post by MelO » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm

honestbroker1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 am
Gemma O'Docherty has surfaced.

Publication this weekend.
Publication where?

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am

An online village ie magazine apparently :s_yes
The editor is a Mr E Jit :s_laughat
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 am

:s_biggrin
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

catkins

Post by catkins » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Hold your excitement guys..... :s_biggrin As expected.....same old same old.........troll talk.

https://twitter.com/Loverandomleigh/sta ... 3297157120

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Well.

Number 3 ticked off the list.

Ms Odoherty has risked her reputation as a serious journalist with an ill-researched article on Madeleine's disappearance.

MelO

Post by MelO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Where is it?

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:36 pm

MelO wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 pm
Where is it?
It's been published. I don't have a link

Ah!

2nd post down. Bloody pathfinder. Who else?

xhttp://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9114.msg444693#new

MelO

Post by MelO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm

I've found some photographs of the article which I have read in full though the photos were badly framed and parts of the article were clipped - from what I can see the only 'revelation' is that Martin Smith still claims to be 60-80% certain that the man he saw was Gerry McCann however G'OD (nice initials btw, I expect that is how she is being revered in certain quarters now) fails to provide a verbatim quote, which as we all know in Forum Land means that the claim is inadmissible as a cite. LOL.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

MelO wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm
I've found some photographs of the article which I have read in full though the photos were badly framed and parts of the article were clipped - from what I can see the only 'revelation' is that Martin Smith still claims to be 60-80% certain that the man he saw was Gerry McCann however G'OD (nice initials btw, I expect that is how she is being revered in certain quarters now) fails to provide a verbatim quote, which as we all know in Forum Land means that the claim is inadmissible as a cite. LOL.
Don't believe for one moment that's a 'revelation'.

Does anyone have a link to Mr Smith's wife saying the Smiths' hearts are breaking for the McCanns?

MelO

Post by MelO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Could someone supply a link to the BBC's retraction and apology which apparently now appears in the 10th Anniversary Panaorama programme?

catkins

Post by catkins » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Only if you can provide a piece of the moon so that I can check it is actually made of cheese :s_thumbsup

MelO

Post by MelO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 pm

catkins wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:14 pm
Only if you can provide a piece of the moon so that I can check it is actually made of cheese :s_thumbsup
LOL.

MelO

Post by MelO » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Well I've re-watched the beginning and the end of the 10th Anniversary Panorama, as well as the two sections in the programme that deal with the Smith sighting and seem to have completely missed the BBC's retraction and apology, I've also visited a few forums to try and find reference to it specifically, but to no avail. If anyone has seen it please post it here.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:47 pm

MelO wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 pm
Well I've re-watched the beginning and the end of the 10th Anniversary Panorama, as well as the two sections in the programme that deal with the Smith sighting and seem to have completely missed the BBC's retraction and apology, I've also visited a few forums to try and find reference to it specifically, but to no avail. If anyone has seen it please post it here.
Will you give me permission to tweet that, Mel?

MelO

Post by MelO » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Re-reading the article I see that GO'D has not claimed the BBC apologised, only that they have "updated" the programme to reflect the correction that Smith does not now believe he was mistaken. There is evidence that the programme has been edited on the iplayer, but no explicit correction within the programme, nor any apology. It's hardly a ground breaking volte-face by the BBC and amounts to a very large mountain being constructed out of a very tiny molehill. I'm more interested in why no one is challenging Gemma O'Dowd to prove her allegations. No verbatim quotes from Smith in her article, no evidence of her correspondence with the BBC, if a "pro" journo made similar unevidenced claims we'd be expected to dismiss them out of hand by "The Other Side", so why are they suddenly so uncritical now? Hmmmm...

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 pm

a better journalist who was concentrating on the smith identification would have looked into facial identification much more deeply.

There is a very good reason why police have to follow strict procedures when asking witnesses if they recognize a person. They do not just point to the suspect and ask if that is them, they give them several similar types of people (i.e if the suspect is a tall blond male, they get them to stand there with other tall blond men, not short brunette women) either in a live line up or photo line up and then ask them. The reason for this is that once you show a witness a person there is a much greater chance they will recognize the person as the criminal even if it is not them. They are not actually lying, but the photo is suggestive to them and it alters the memory since the memory is often only of a fleeting glance. People have spent years in prison based on witnesses recognizing them when in fact they were no where near.

In this case smith did not recognize it as Gerry until Gerry had been all over the news as a potential suspect. he is reported to have said it was like a video replay. Think about that for a second, watching stocky, pale Gerry Mccann walk down the steps of a plane in broad daylight carrying a child was like watching a video of a skinny, tanned man walking along flat ground in an alley in the dark carrying a child.

Then there is the fact that he can not be in two places at once, yet gerry was identified as being in the complex at the time of the smith sighting. So someone is wrong, either the numerous people who reported seeing gerry on the complex including waiters etc or smith or did not get a straight or close up look of him, gives a description of a skinny tanned man which does not match gerry, who is not certain he recognized him and even then only partially recognized him after seeing lots of news coverage (the image of gerry walking down the steps was six months after the disappearance during which time gerry had been all over the news in most of the western world, there is no way smith did not see his face during that time), and who was with other people who said they did not recognize the man as gerry mccann. Yet out of all those adults, some saying they can pl;ace him at the complex, others saying he was not the man they saw carrying a child through town, she is saying its the one saying it might have been him that should be treated as a correct and positive identification of gerry mccann.