Donna Hall shared a link.
2 hrs · Cardiff
FYI Loose Women poll today
https://m.facebook.com/story.php
POLL: Should we stop funding the search for Maddie McCann? www.itv.com
ITV.COM
17 Likes37 Comments1 Share
LikeCommentShare
Jan Guest, Katie Louise, Jan Sabin and 14 others like this.
1 share
Comments
Susan Jane Stephenson
Susan Jane Stephenson 86% stays to stop funding the search.
Like · 3 · 2 hrs
Pauline Mellor
Pauline Mellor i was one
Like · 1 · 2 hrs
Amanda Clarke
Amanda Clarke i was one too
Like · 2 · 2 hrs
Lynne Browne
Lynne Browne Me too! Think all this talk of funding is only drawing more attention to them and turning more people against them. Hope so anyway.
Like · 5 · 2 hrs
Chrissie Harvey
Chrissie Harvey I am in that yes percentage too!
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Jacqui Burns
Jacqui Burns I just voted, stop the cash, it's a travesty !
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Jane Warren
Jane Warren I votes stop the cash too.
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan i vote stop the cash
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan other children out there need the help of police and goverment funds
Like · 5 · 1 hr
Jane Warren
Jane Warren Ye your so right Teresa Mc Crossan x
Like · 1 hr
Eve Forest
Eve Forest I think they're asking the wrong question tho! Anyone who says stop the funding to find Madeline is labelled as giving up on her which all of us are clearly not doing!..quite the opposite in fact. We don't want to stop the search. We just want them to ...See more
Like · 5 · 1 hr · Edited
Jane Warren
Jane Warren Yes thats it Eve we no exactly what's what. Those dogs new what was happening but totally ignored x
Like · 3 · 1 hr
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan id very much love the mccanns questioned separetly , then we will see who falls apart first
Like · 5 · 1 hr
Linda Lorente
Linda Lorente So would I, did anyone watch the TV programme with Ian Huntley,to me his mannerisms were almost identical to those of GM.
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Linda Bulman
Linda Bulman Yes what ıs the cash beıng used for. I have not heard anythıng about them searchıng. Where have they searched. Have they used a medıum to fınd out ıf she ıs even alıve.
Like · 1 hr
Leeza Feldberg
Leeza Feldberg The phone in on my local radio station this morning was about this. Didn't hear all of it but most calls/texts wanted funds stopped.
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Jan Nash
Jan Nash Yes. Stop the funds.
Like · 1 hr
Nicki McCrossen
Nicki McCrossen Curious as to how many people have to vote yes for it to go up even 1%. It was 86% when I voted. Lots of people seeing through the McCann's
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan every time i see a ost with little maddie on , if i look into her little eyes if i was being truthful i feel she would say what happened to her , such a terrible farce this has been ,
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Deborah Ann Osullivan
Deborah Ann Osullivan Yep .....stop
Like · 1 hr
Sue Peters
Sue Peters Yes,there has been enough money wasted on these two,why can't the money come out of their Find Maddie fund as that's what it should be for not for them to spend how they wish!
Like · 3 · 1 hr
Carol Byrne
Carol Byrne Totally agree they should use the donations that people have gave them - it's an absolute joke how cuts are being made everywhere in the country but they can find the money to fund this - make the parents pay after all she would not be missing if they had been looking after like what normal parents do
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Mary Calleja
Mary Calleja Of course no more money should not be spent on looking for Maddie she will never be found dead or alive The parents know what happened to her
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Patricia Lumley
Patricia Lumley Stop the cash, McCanns know fine well, where Maddie is, and it not on this earth. she well gone.
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Julie Adcock
Julie Adcock People need to read the FACTS. All available on the internet. Police reports, statements etc etc. Then say that you think the McCanns are innocent!
Like · 6 · 1 hr
Patricia Lumley
Patricia Lumley Very true.
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Yvonne Smith
Yvonne Smith Julie Adcock, I agree. The PJ Files are an eye opener.
Most have not read the GASPER STATEMENT..
Or know that Maddie was made a Ward of Court....See more
Like · 1 · 34 mins
Julie Adcock
Julie Adcock Yes Yvonne, this case makes me so angry. All the facts are there but with the massive cover up and people believing everything they read in the papers are hear on the news, they are getting away with it. Can't wait for the day that someone speaks out and their safe little secret is blown apart!
Like · 11 mins
Susan Jane Stephenson
Susan Jane Stephenson If they need more money then let the McScams sell their house.
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Pauline Nettleship
Pauline Nettleship Use their own !
Like · 1 · 1 hr
Julie Adcock
Julie Adcock Makes interesting reading too.
No automatic alt text available.
Like · 4 · 1 hr
Patricia Lumley
Patricia Lumley That said it all. one big cover up from the goverment.
Like · 3 · 1 hr
Jaydee Jayden Ward
Jaydee Jayden Ward Yes, only because the evidence points to her death and the McCanns involvement.
Dogs don't lie.
Like · 3 · 1 hr
Sandra Wilson
Sandra Wilson Yes they need to stop this farce ! i dont for one minute think the child is still alive! and for parents of other missing children this is a smack in the face, Why are their children not as important as this little girl ! They have found blodd in the ...See more
Like · 8 · 1 hr
Patricia Lumley
Patricia Lumley Well said Sandra.
Like · 54 mins
Lynne Browne
Lynne Browne Very well said!!
Like · 49 mins
Dawn Campbell
Dawn Campbell Stop wasting tax payers money
The parents know she will never be found
Like · 3 · 59 mins
Carol Byrne
Carol Byrne What about the money from her book (sorry was not a Bestseller because of all her disgusting thoughts and memememe in it)
Like · 1 · 49 mins
Pauline Orton
Pauline Orton Yes . It's ridiculous asking for more money.
Like · 46 mins
Charlotte Brooke
Charlotte Brooke
Image may contain: text
Like · 3 · 41 mins
Lesley 'Strover' Griffey
Lesley 'Strover' Griffey Here's an idea....why don't they spend the money on searching for a child they might actually find?!
Like · 5 · 27 mins
Vera Pulford
Vera Pulford imo is not money to look for a little girl, its a waste of money
Like · 19 mins
Susie Mason
Susie Mason There is a poll to vote whether or not more money should be given, and 84% of people said no...hope this means this many think they are guilty, so much for the Mccanns thinking everyone is backing them😂
Like · 2 · 14 mins
Susie Mason
Susie Mason Sorry 86% - even better!
Like · 1 · 12 mins
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan yes , funding waste of time on mccann farce , put money where it can do some good like actually finding one , this farce has gone on too long and nothing has come of it after 10 years time it came to an end
Like · 11 mins
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan one more comment , if the police cant find Maddie perhaps its time these people were replaced and someone is put in charge who knows what they are doing
Like · 1 · 9 mins
Teresa Mc Crossan
Teresa Mc Crossan its about time , no disrespects but saw picture of mccanns meeting the pope , the look on his face as far as i can see , even he didnt believe the mccanns
Like · 1 · 4 mins
They are too dim to realize that if it stops now it will mean millions spent already.....and no answer.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Rob1

Re: Operation Grange

Post by Rob1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm

They would celebrate another 11 millions investigation that focused on K+G :s_mad
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:36 pm

They sound quite deranged don't they. I hope they do give more funds because they are following something up, let them finish, otherwise all the money spent so far would have been wasted.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 pm

"more positive about funding being given......"

"I hope that they are finally close to finding Madeleine or at the very least Who, Why and Where is she now? "

:s_thumbsup

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the responses. It's good that Operation Grange wants to continue and I think the funds to enable this should be released. Clearly at this stage, their team has done a massive amount of ground work and if they are looking at one lead or suspect in particular and it's complicated or sensitive, then they should definitely be allowed to continue.
I have my own theory about what is going on, but I don't think it's right to discuss it on the Internet because you just don't know who is reading! This is a child's life for fks sake! People are discussing her case like it's just some folder with paper documents in it, that it can be filed away in an archive because it's a political hot potato. If there is any chance she is still alive, it is enough of a reason to keep going. I don't think the police are closing in on the McCann parents although interestingly, the opposition think they are and they still want the investigation to cease. How does that work? :insanity:

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:53 am

Hawk wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 pm
Thanks for all the responses. It's good that Operation Grange wants to continue and I think the funds to enable this should be released. Clearly at this stage, their team has done a massive amount of ground work and if they are looking at one lead or suspect in particular and it's complicated or sensitive, then they should definitely be allowed to continue.
I have my own theory about what is going on, but I don't think it's right to discuss it on the Internet because you just don't know who is reading! This is a child's life for fks sake! People are discussing her case like it's just some folder with paper documents in it, that it can be filed away in an archive because it's a political hot potato. If there is any chance she is still alive, it is enough of a reason to keep going. I don't think the police are closing in on the McCann parents although interestingly, the opposition think they are and they still want the investigation to cease. How does that work? :insanity:

Spot on Hawk...........and surely if there is still one lead (or more ) left....it HAS to be carried through right to the end.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 am

Rob1 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm
They would celebrate another 11 millions investigation that focused on K+G :s_mad
Exactly Rob....their hatred of the McCanns is just so mental.... :insanity: They made an error of judgement and boy are they and Madeleine suffering for it every single day.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 am

catkins wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 am
Rob1 wrote:
Exactly Rob....their hatred of the McCanns is just so mental.... :insanity: They made an error of judgement and boy are they and Madeleine suffering for it every single day.
......................................................................................................................................

10 YEARS !! they have been hounding the McCann's with the same thing, 'you left your children alone' I wonder if they lived close to them would they be saying it to their faces? Doubt it as they are cowards who like to do their spite ridden deeds behind a computer.

They get a kick out of it now don't they? It's fun for them, a game. I think all these facebook groups set up just to abuse a family of a missing child should be taken off the internet, and any nasty comments removed too.

Why do it? What is missing in their lives that this has become so prominent? It is obvious they don't have normal lives with family, which would give them a loving connection. Busy working, having fun days out, going on holiday, just all being together. They must have lonely lives with nothing to fill their time, latch onto a vulnerable family, who they don't know and don't care about, to unleash the anger and bitterness they have stored up from being detached from a loving environment.

Sad very sad, I just hope that one day, they will see themselves for what they are, really look at what they are doing, but I don't think it will happen :s_sad
Last edited by Whiterose on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:45 am

Whiterose wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 am
catkins wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 am
Rob1 wrote:
......................................................................................................................................

10 YEARS !! they have been hounding the McCann's with the same thing, 'you left your children alone' I wonder if they lived close to them would they be saying it to their faces? Doubt it as they are cowards who like to do their spite ridden deeds behind a computer.

They get a kick out of it now don't they? It's fun for them, a game. I think all these facebook groups set up just to abuse a family of a missing child should be taken off the internet, and any nasty comments removed too.

Why do it? What is missing in their lives that this has become so prominent? It is obvious they don't have normal lives with family, which would give them a loving connection. Busy working, having fun days out, going on holiday, just all being together. They must have lonely lives with nothing to fill their time, latch onto a vulnerable family, who they don't know and don't care about, to unleash the anger and bitterness they have stored up from being detached from a loving environment.

Sad very sad, I just that one day, they will see themselves for what they are, really look at what they are doing, but I don't think it will happen :s_sad

I do think 'Watcher' on Amazon (who I am still convinced is Sluming!) would!

The only thing that would stop her is if she thought the McCanns would sue her, because that would cost her money.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am

HB, you know I don't think watcher is sluming, but I can't believe how low they are going on the Amazon forum, it has just turned into a group of childish people posting up nasty comments about the McCann's. There is hardly any debate. At the moment they are looking for polls, I know and you know these polls are full of anti's voting, they give out the war cry and they are there. The same people who make the comments on the newspaper articles.

I just don't know why they find the need to do it.

Epictetus

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am

I just want to post one of the pieces Sara Payne wrote these people need to listen to her, the McCann's ARE fighting two battles -

"I've had to close my twitter account, darling. There are some horrible people out there. I've had years of abuse and unrelenting harassment online; I've been stalked and harassed by p.a.e.d.o.philes and the abuse has been disgusting. I sometimes wonder what the reaction to your death would have been if social media had been around when you were taken. So much potential for good and so many chances for people to connect positively - but there are always those who ruin things. Would I have been told I was a bad mother? That it was all my fault? Without a doubt. Look at how the McCanns have been treated - without people being able to post anonymous hatred at them, they would never have had to fight the double battle of losing their child and being hate figures too"

Epictetus

Hael

Post by Hael » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 am

Whiterose wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am
I just want to post one of the pieces Sara Payne wrote these people need to listen to her, the McCann's ARE fighting two battles -

"I've had to close my twitter account, darling. There are some horrible people out there. I've had years of abuse and unrelenting harassment online; I've been stalked and harassed by p.a.e.d.o.philes and the abuse has been disgusting. I sometimes wonder what the reaction to your death would have been if social media had been around when you were taken. So much potential for good and so many chances for people to connect positively - but there are always those who ruin things. Would I have been told I was a bad mother? That it was all my fault? Without a doubt. Look at how the McCanns have been treated - without people being able to post anonymous hatred at them, they would never have had to fight the double battle of losing their child and being hate figures too"
Thank you for posting that again Whiterose. So true.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

catkins

Post by catkins » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:19 am

Whiterose wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am

Well said Whiterose.......and what a strong brave woman Sara is....

That it was all my fault? Without a doubt. Look at how the McCanns have been treated - without people being able to post anonymous hatred at them, they would never have had to fight the double battle of losing their child and being hate figures too"

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 am

Whiterose wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am
HB, you know I don't think watcher is sluming, but I can't believe how low they are going on the Amazon forum, it has just turned into a group of childish people posting up nasty comments about the McCann's. There is hardly any debate. At the moment they are looking for polls, I know and you know these polls are full of anti's voting, they give out the war cry and they are there. The same people who make the comments on the newspaper articles.

I just don't know why they find the need to do it.
I started a new thread in the News section on fake news.
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=9157

Although the links so far are related to Trump and the media, I find that there are a number of parallels in media coverage in the Madeleine and other cases - in both MSM and social media - but also between those who have been more willing to consider a broader range of opinions and facts, when available, and those who tend to reject anything outright that doesn't correspond to their - often emotionally charged - confirmation bias.

I've also found that although the phenomenon hasn't always been limited to the anti brigade, and may not be exclusively so even now for a few individuals, the latter are more likely to engage in frenzied activity to perpetuate long-debunked myths and deliberately cherry-pick factoids, even when they fly in the face of logic or when facts and context are presented and backed up.

The nature of the spectrum in terms of subject is obviously different but, for the moment, my observation is that the populist media tends to stoke negative emotional reactions - e.g., fear, hate, anger - which is then amplified on social media and further distorted. Some will no doubt argue that the other side of the spectrum - e.g. peace, empathy, or whatever else - may sometimes be equally blind or naive. However, I find the stoking of negative emotions somewhat more concerning.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin