Attempted abduction

Chinagirl

Attempted abduction

Post by Chinagirl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 am

Aren't there a number of McCann-haters who claim that abducting a young sleeping child from their bed is unheard of/impossible/improbable?

A man has been arrested over the alleged attempted abduction of a young girl who was taken from her bed as she slept in her Logan home.

The 19-year-old was arrested on Thursday morning and was being questioned by police, who said further details would be released later.

It comes after a man scaled a fence and broke into the six-year-old’s family home by reaching through a dog door and unlocking its back door in the early hours of Monday.

He then crept past her sleeping parents and another relative to her upstairs bedroom and, after scooping her from her bed, almost left the home with the child sleeping in his arms.

She thought it was one of her parents moving her but when she was brought downstairs she realised it wasn’t, Detective Senior Sergeant Grant Ralston said on Monday.

The man told the girl to keep quiet and covered her mouth but she broke fought him off and screamed.

Ralston said the child snatcher then “cowardly assaulted” her with a punch.

Her parents awoke during their daughter’s struggle and her father confronted the man, who was last seen fleeing on a BMX bike.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ne-bedroom
[T]hose children were left alone and because of that fact one of them disappeared. (Fatima de Oliveira Esteves)

Wrong.
It's because someone took her.

Whiterose

Re: Attempted abduction

Post by Whiterose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks for that Chinagirl, shows it can happen. Poor girl thank god she managed to escape, it's chilling to read :s_sad
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 am

And the girl in question was two years older than Madeleine at the time of her abduction.

At that stage in children's development 2 years is quite a significant difference, I would say.

Thank goodness this little girl's father thwarted the would-be abductor/abduction.

And (strictly for comparison purposes) an excellent spot by CG.

catkins

Post by catkins » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm

:s_omg .....Horror it must have been for the child and her family. Thank god he didn't succeed.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 pm

It has happened before. I posted a case that happened in France a couple of years ago, if anyone can remember it.

From memory: A young girl was heard screaming late at night in someone's garden, or nearby. She'd apparently been sleeping in her room with her parents and sibling(s) sleeping in their rooms. As it was very hot, the French windows on the bedroom floor had been left open and someone had apparently climbed in and dropped her down.

There were a few strange details about that story and I lost track of it.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 pm

The man who assaulted the children in their beds could easily have taken one, and there is the mystery of how he got into the apartments. I wonder if the Police took fingerprints?
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Whiterose wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 pm
The man who assaulted the children in their beds could easily have taken one, and there is the mystery of how he got into the apartments. I wonder if the Police took fingerprints?
Do you mean in the cases in PT, Whiterose?
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Yes, Carana, sorry didn't make myself very clear.

Epictetus