Re: Katie Hopkins threat/promise!

Post by catkins » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm

David Allen Green

@Law_and_policy In summary.

@KTHopkins to pay @MxJackMonroe:

£24k in libel damages
£107k in costs on account
Rest of costs to be determined on assessment
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Ouch :D_rinks

And no Daily Mail to pay her costs and damages this time round.

wavemulitcolor.gif :s_drinks
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:46 pm

“The price of not saying sorry has been very high. Hopkins has had to pay out of her own pocket a six figure sum in damages and costs for a tweet that should have been deleted within minutes as soon as she was told it was wrong. On this occasion, the cost of renting that gob was particularly high.

Huffington post

:champers:
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Rob1

Post by Rob1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:41 pm

❄Jack Monroe‏Verified account
@MxJackMonroe

Follow
More
It"s taken 21 months
but today the High Court ruled
that Hopkins statements to/about me were defamatory.
I sued her for libel.
and I won.
RETWEETS
Steve CurryZoē HibbertUwe RizlaDanielle ElliottRhys HandleyRod SpurrierAli Patersonaoife greenham illosCatarina Demony
6:10 AM - 10 Mar 2017
1,521 replies 4,591 retweets 16,863 likes
Reply 1.5K Retweet 4.6K
Like 17K
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

Hael

Post by Hael » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Alibongo wrote:“The price of not saying sorry has been very high. Hopkins has had to pay out of her own pocket a six figure sum in damages and costs for a tweet that should have been deleted within minutes as soon as she was told it was wrong. On this occasion, the cost of renting that gob was particularly high.

Huffington post

Their lawyer William Bennett told the judge: “The claimant’s primary case is that by reason of the seriousness of the allegations and the scale of publication, serious harm to reputation has been caused.
- Huffington Post
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Her big mouth got her into trouble again :dance-p:
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:54 am

GoFundMe campaign to pay Katie Hopkins legal bills holding steady at eighty pence
March 12, 2017
Written by Davywavy
An online campaign to help Katie Hopkins pay her legal fees has raised 80p and a used johnny since launching yesterday.

Hopkins, whose steadfast determination to stand by her deranged burblings irrespective of evidence has thus far cost her six figures and counting, is set to pay out over three hundred grand leading fans to create an online campaign to help her out.

“The case was unfairly biased against Katie because the lawyers and unelected judge relied on ‘facts’ to decide it,” said supporter Simon Williams, who created the campaign.

ADVERTISING

“If the people elected judges and other legal types then I’m confident there would be less focus on established facts and more on feels, which are more important.

“I’m pleased the donations of a shilling, a thruppenny bit and a week-old johnny show there are others out there who love Katie like I do.

“I’ve pledged to match all donations, so I’m off for a posh wank over a copy of one of her Muslim articles.”

The “Save Katie!!” Campaign will continue to run until it has raised the full £324,000 or the heat-death of the universe, whichever comes first.

:snig:

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 pm

I don't think Hopkins will have to pay 300k costs but it would not surprise me if she had to pay a sizeable chunk. The fact that Monroe tried to settle it straight away and repeatedly yet Hopkins just refused to back down leaving Monroe no choice but to go to court will count heavily against her. The fact her lawyer claimed she was a professional controversialist as her defence may also count against her. She was not just a random making a comment she was doing it to cause controversy for professional gain, if i read her lawyer right, so the judge may view that as making costs her risk. Plus she will earn well so could probably afford it without having to live on the streets.

I still can't see how she got the two women mixed up as afaik she had already made repulsive tweets about the first woman regarding her comments about vandalism as protest.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Cannot actually believed she has tweeted a picture of herself as the Virgin Mary claiming she is the Jesus of free speech or some such. A woman who threatened to put a sausage up her bottom and run around naked has compared herself to Jesus. The church should sue!

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:53 pm

scoobydoo wrote:Cannot actually believed she has tweeted a picture of herself as the Virgin Mary claiming she is the Jesus of free speech or some such. A woman who threatened to put a sausage up her bottom and run around naked has compared herself to Jesus. The church should sue!
Thank Christ she saved us from that sight though :s_yes
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Carana

Post by Carana » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Whiterose wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:Cannot actually believed she has tweeted a picture of herself as the Virgin Mary claiming she is the Jesus of free speech or some such. A woman who threatened to put a sausage up her bottom and run around naked has compared herself to Jesus. The church should sue!
Thank Christ she saved us from that sight though :s_yes
:rofl-1:
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Carana

Post by Carana » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Alibongo wrote:GoFundMe campaign to pay Katie Hopkins legal bills holding steady at eighty pence
March 12, 2017
Written by Davywavy
An online campaign to help Katie Hopkins pay her legal fees has raised 80p and a used johnny since launching yesterday.

Hopkins, whose steadfast determination to stand by her deranged burblings irrespective of evidence has thus far cost her six figures and counting, is set to pay out over three hundred grand leading fans to create an online campaign to help her out.

“The case was unfairly biased against Katie because the lawyers and unelected judge relied on ‘facts’ to decide it,” said supporter Simon Williams, who created the campaign.

ADVERTISING

“If the people elected judges and other legal types then I’m confident there would be less focus on established facts and more on feels, which are more important.

“I’m pleased the donations of a shilling, a thruppenny bit and a week-old johnny show there are others out there who love Katie like I do.

“I’ve pledged to match all donations, so I’m off for a posh wank over a copy of one of her Muslim articles.”

The “Save Katie!!” Campaign will continue to run until it has raised the full £324,000 or the heat-death of the universe, whichever comes first.

"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't know why they harp on about free speech, free speech is about the right to campaign politically, practice your religion etc, whistleblowing. It's not the right to make false accusations. If anything by making a false accusation against jack Monroe on the basis that she is left wing it is Hopkins shutting down true free speech. Jack Monroe is left wing but unlike Hopkins she is not really controversial, outspoken but her principles of parents getting flexible working, people being able to eat and keep warm are hardly shocking. And unlike Hopkins, Monroe has a lot more middle class support.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:30 pm

I see Katie "sausage up rectum" Hopkins has had a bleat about UK police getting money to search for a British missing child. Is that her way of offering to pay the court costs of her libel trial in addition to jack Monroe's costs? Or is she ok with the tax payer forking out tens of thousands because she could not type "i am sorry, i was wrong, i will donate 5k to charity". Exactly who does she think pays for the court staff? Does she think the judge is a volunteer?

Carana

Post by Carana » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 pm

scoobydoo wrote:I see Katie "sausage up rectum" Hopkins has had a bleat about UK police getting money to search for a British missing child. Is that her way of offering to pay the court costs of her libel trial in addition to jack Monroe's costs? Or is she ok with the tax payer forking out tens of thousands because she could not type "i am sorry, i was wrong, i will donate 5k to charity". Exactly who does she think pays for the court staff? Does she think the judge is a volunteer?
Good point.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 pm

scoobydoo wrote:I see Katie "sausage up rectum" Hopkins has had a bleat about UK police getting money to search for a British missing child. Is that her way of offering to pay the court costs of her libel trial in addition to jack Monroe's costs? Or is she ok with the tax payer forking out tens of thousands because she could not type "i am sorry, i was wrong, i will donate 5k to charity". Exactly who does she think pays for the court staff? Does she think the judge is a volunteer?
Well said Scooby :s_thumbsup

Epictetus

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... e-10056678

You'd think Hopkins would of learnt to choose her words more carefully but seemingly not.
I believe Jack Monroe is in talks with her legal team once again.

:pop2:

We need a caption competition for the photos in that article :mrgreen:

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 pm

https://policehour.co.uk/2015/10/katie- ... llips/amp/

I didn't think she could possibly sink any lower, she really is the most disgusting bitch.

catkins

Post by catkins » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Alibongo wrote:https://policehour.co.uk/2015/10/katie- ... llips/amp/

I didn't think she could possibly sink any lower, she really is the most disgusting bitch.

Obviously feeling left out as in not getting any attention for a couple of weeks :s_mad

She takes vile to an even lower level.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

catkins wrote:
Alibongo wrote:https://policehour.co.uk/2015/10/katie- ... llips/amp/

Obviously feeling left out as in not getting any attention for a couple of weeks :s_mad

She takes vile to an even lower level.
She really is sad and desperate. It must hurt her that she has had to threaten to perform lewd named acts in public with sausages, slag off families of missing children and a murdered policeman to get attention wheras jack Monroe wrote a blog about home made hummous and became a house hold name.

Carana

Post by Carana » Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

LBC and Katie Hopkins have agreed that Katie will leave LBC effective immediately.

Retweets

2:00 AM - 26 May 2017

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/868028943659524096

Winter

Post by Winter » Fri May 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Carana wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm
LBC and Katie Hopkins have agreed that Katie will leave LBC effective immediately.

Retweets

2:00 AM - 26 May 2017

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/868028943659524096
"there is a big difference between a few sordid insults, and publicly accusing someone of committing a serious crime - which is a crime in itself" AnnaEsse (Oh the irony!)

catkins

Post by catkins » Fri May 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh dear where's my tissues?........

NOT!........

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri May 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Bet Jack Monroe is celebrating :D_rinks

Carana

Post by Carana » Fri May 26, 2017 7:07 pm

There are a few vacant posts on Fox these days...