Just had this email from amazon:

honestbroker1

Just had this email from amazon:

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Dear xxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk,

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription:

Subscription: Amazon Prime Gold Membership Date: 30 October 2017 Period: 1 Year Price: 79.00 GBP

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 24 hours . To cancel your subscriptions, click below and sign In.

Manage/Cancel Subscription ➦

Best regards,
Amazon Customer Support
I have checked with my bank.

It's fake.

Should have added that the link referred to at the end was (almost certainly) loaded with malicious viruses.

Hael

Re: Just had this email from amazon:

Post by Hael » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 pm

:s_mad These scammers make me so angry.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Gggrrrrr :s_mad

Just a thought HB...you didn't agree to the free Trial of Prime did you? They take the money once the free part expires....unless you cancel it or decline.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm

catkins wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Just a thought HB...you didn't agree to the free Trial of Prime did you? They take the money once the free part expires....unless you cancel it or decline.
I have never had Amazon television.

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 pm

honestbroker1 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm
catkins wrote:

I have never had Amazon television.
Amazon Prime is for buying books, goods etc with free delivery ...not only just for TV programmes.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

Carana

Post by Carana » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 am

catkins wrote:

I bought something (an urgent present) and somehow got roped into the free trial (which is useless as I can't use it), but they wouldn't deliver it otherwise for some reason, then promptly forgot about it - until I noticed a bill on my card. Not quite sure how to cancel it.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 am

I don't think this particular email I've had was anything to do with Amazon.

I have bought the odd thing from them in the past and albeit that I don't like the company, I'm bound to concede, they are quite efficient.

But the transactions have alway been straightforward and simple.

I think this was something else.

Carana

Post by Carana » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am

honestbroker1 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 am
I don't think this particular email I've had was anything to do with Amazon.

I have bought the odd thing from them in the past and albeit that I don't like the company, I'm bound to concede, they are quite efficient.

But the transactions have alway been straightforward and simple.

I think this was something else.
Always check the header of any incoming email before clicking on a link (or at least the reply-to address).
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

catkins

Post by catkins » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:20 pm

Carana wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 am
catkins wrote:

I bought something (an urgent present) and somehow got roped into the free trial (which is useless as I can't use it), but they wouldn't deliver it otherwise for some reason, then promptly forgot about it - until I noticed a bill on my card. Not quite sure how to cancel it.
Oh dear....if they've taken the yearly Subscription not sure how you can get out of it now. Sometimes at payment checking and choosing delivery with Amazon is not very clear grrrr