STALKERS....Prog. BBC 1

catkins

STALKERS....Prog. BBC 1

Post by catkins » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:11 am

I watched this programme on BBC1 last night ....STALKERS.....

It is shocking that some people have been stalked, intimidated and threatened via Facebook or by other means......I had never heard of Paladin before.....but I wish them every success in helping the victims and pushing the Police to act more against Stalkers.

http://paladinservice.co.uk/
Paladin NSAS, a charitable company limited by guarantee.

Paladin is a trauma-informed service established to assist high risk victims of stalking in England and Wales. Our unique team of accredited Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworkers (ISACs) ensure that high risk victims of stalking are supported and that a coordinated community response is developed locally to keep victims and their children safe.

Stalking is a pattern of repeated and persistent unwanted behaviour that is intrusive and engenders fear, it is when one person becomes fixated or obsessed with another and the attention is unwanted. Threats may not be made but victims may still feel scared. Importantly threats are not required for the criminal offence of stalking to be prosecuted.

On last night's programme ....The young woman aided by her mother to intimidate another girl and her family members via Facebook etc, researched all about her private details/history/contacts etc was disgusting and the Police should have stepped in waaay before they did....Those two reminded me of just how far anti McCann trolls went stalking some supporters.

The young girl got 2 years Suspended Sentence....imo they should have charged the mother as well.

You can probably watch it on BBCi Player.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Whiterose

Re: STALKERS....Prog. BBC 1

Post by Whiterose » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Aided by her mother!! A mother who should have known better, should have told her daughter not to do it. It's shocking isn't it that a mother who join forces with her daughter to cause distress to another child.

Look at the mothers who are abusing the McCann's , you would think they wouldn't do it wouldn't you, parents who have lost a child and have two other children to shield from the abuse. I remember when they were collecting for Amaral one mother saying her child had given his/her pocket money to be put into the fund for Amaral, so what had this mother told her child about the case?

They should do a lot more about these facebook groups who join up specifically to get together and plot to abuse.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

catkins

Post by catkins » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Whiterose wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23 pm
Aided by her mother!! A mother who should have known better, should have told her daughter not to do it. It's shocking isn't it that a mother who join forces with her daughter to cause distress to another child.

Look at the mothers who are abusing the McCann's , you would think they wouldn't do it wouldn't you, parents who have lost a child and have two other children to shield from the abuse. I remember when they were collecting for Amaral one mother saying her child had given his/her pocket money to be put into the fund for Amaral, so what had this mother told her child about the case?

They should do a lot more about these facebook groups who join up specifically to get together and plot to abuse.
Totally agree Whiterose.......so reminded me of the anti McCann trolls.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Absolutely shocking that paladin had to point out to police that these victims were at serious risk of harm from their stalkers.
At least several came to mind watching this programme last night.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills