Amaral's new book

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4498
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Whiterose » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 am

sal wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:42 pm
There is nothing in the files to state that they paid and received the requested weather conditions.
Processo Vol 13 page 3982;

FAX dated 2007/11/07
from Commercial Division, Institute of Meteorology
to Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, PJ DIC Portimao
Ref: COME 324/07-062

Subject: Quotation for request of meteorological information

Pursuant to your request, whose reference is a Fax dated 07/10/25, we advise that the cost is 395,14 including VAT of 21%. This amount refers to the use of data/information for the purposes indicated.

The meteorological information refers to the days 3 and 4 May/07 - meteorological conditions.
- Analysis of synoptic situation.
- Results of numeric models.
- Result of observations.
- Certified copy of "State of the Weather and Sea in the Area of Praia da Luz" containing a description of wind, gusts, cloudiness, rainfall, temperature, humidity and the state of the sea.
Note: hour of sunset.
- Contact details of Astronomical Observatory of Lisbon (Help).

In order to proceed with your request, please confirm your acceptance of this quotation in writing, mentioning the above reference, as well as the tax number and exact address to be used for billing. Not giving this information will invalidate acceptance of the quotation and subsequent delivery of the meteorological information requested.

If we do not receive confirmation of acceptance of the quotation from yourselves within 30 days we reserve the right to cancel your request.

Your faithfully

Commercial Division Coordinator

Manuela Travassos M. Caldeira

Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Learning
Thanks sal. :s_thumbsup
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:01 am

by Paulo Alexandre Today at 10:31
Gonçalo Amaral wrote:
One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.
I just want to point out that Gonçalo Amaral says "with the missing child [Madeleine] and his son S***", not "with his three children".

That was a mistake on my part.
Thanks for correcting that Paulo!

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:03 pm

sal wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:42 pm
There is nothing in the files to state that they paid and received the requested weather conditions.
Processo Vol 13 page 3982;

FAX dated 2007/11/07
from Commercial Division, Institute of Meteorology
to Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, PJ DIC Portimao
Ref: COME 324/07-062

Subject: Quotation for request of meteorological information

Pursuant to your request, whose reference is a Fax dated 07/10/25, we advise that the cost is 395,14 including VAT of 21%. This amount refers to the use of data/information for the purposes indicated.

The meteorological information refers to the days 3 and 4 May/07 - meteorological conditions.
- Analysis of synoptic situation.
- Results of numeric models.
- Result of observations.
- Certified copy of "State of the Weather and Sea in the Area of Praia da Luz" containing a description of wind, gusts, cloudiness, rainfall, temperature, humidity and the state of the sea.
Note: hour of sunset.
- Contact details of Astronomical Observatory of Lisbon (Help).

In order to proceed with your request, please confirm your acceptance of this quotation in writing, mentioning the above reference, as well as the tax number and exact address to be used for billing. Not giving this information will invalidate acceptance of the quotation and subsequent delivery of the meteorological information requested.

If we do not receive confirmation of acceptance of the quotation from yourselves within 30 days we reserve the right to cancel your request.

Your faithfully

Commercial Division Coordinator

Manuela Travassos M. Caldeira

Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Learning
Thanks Sal - I wonder why the MMRG don't pay for this report for verification of their theory?

sal
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:16 pm

jjbd wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:01 am
by Paulo Alexandre Today at 10:31
Gonçalo Amaral wrote:
One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.
I just want to point out that Gonçalo Amaral says "with the missing child [Madeleine] and his son S***", not "with his three children".

That was a mistake on my part.
Thanks for correcting that Paulo!
S***?
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:00 pm

sal wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:16 pm
jjbd wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:01 am
by Paulo Alexandre Today at 10:31
Gonçalo Amaral wrote:
One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.
I just want to point out that Gonçalo Amaral says "with the missing child [Madeleine] and his son S***", not "with his three children".

That was a mistake on my part.
Thanks for correcting that Paulo!
S***?
At least the translation is correct even if gonc got the wrong twin - again has he seen a different photo?

sal
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:11 pm

by Jill Havern Today at 11:35

And his second book is NOT 'freely' available either - Snr Amaral has NOT given permission for his new book to be translated by anyone other than his publisher.

He has, however, been made aware of this pirated version.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:42 pm

sal wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:11 pm
by Jill Havern Today at 11:35

And his second book is NOT 'freely' available either - Snr Amaral has NOT given permission for his new book to be translated by anyone other than his publisher.

He has, however, been made aware of this pirated version.
Any idea where the pirated translation is Sal?

sal
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:43 pm

nope jj :s_no
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
Alibongo
Posts: 19016
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Alibongo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:18 pm

:rofl-1: :rofl-1:
They are in no position to take the moral high ground!!
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

sal
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:35 pm

More translations on textusa.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by honestbroker1 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:36 pm

To think that the original corruption might have been (ahem) "corrupted" by a "pirated" copy ....

bluj1515
Posts: 3007
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 am

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by bluj1515 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:58 pm

Does he have a theory for the political reasons that he has claims would move Germany to decide to *falsely* suggest that one of their own nationals likely committed the famous/infamous abduction of a British child from Portugal 12 years after the act, 2 years after Britain took leave from the political entity that bound the 3 countries somewhat, 5 years after Britain reopened their own investigation and 9-10 years after Portugal admitted the parents weren’t suspects? I await this geopolitical analysis with baited breath.
The best thing to happen to a criminal is to have Pat Brown profile the crime; you'll never get caught!

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 pm

by Verdi 26.10.21 16:49I'm disappointed, it reads to me like a condescending passing remark to appease - Dr Amaral doesn't appear to give it much credence. It's tantamount to saying all angles must be explored by an investigation - no matter how bizarre.

I guess it was too much to hope he might re-think the Smith family evidence and other significant areas.

Add to that, if the new book is really only a reiteration of Dr Amaral's 'The Truth of the Lie', all I can wish or hope for now is knowledge of information previously undisclosed.
by CaKeLoveR 26.10.21 16:56
I'm also disappointed.
by Chambers Yesterday at 20:55It all seems a bit talking in code and a bit non-commital, a far cry from the unequivocal stance in the first book.

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:43 pm

The translators have gone very quiet!

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Whilst the cesspit continue with their in depth analysis and try to convince everyone that Jon Clarke's book is a tissue of lies that possibly implicates him in the "cover up" - there is complete silence about goncs latest effort.

Interesting isn't it.

sal
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Interest waned pretty quick once they realised gonc wasn't supporting their pre 3rd theory, and merely offered a few crumbs in compensation.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:31 am

by Verdi Yesterday at 12:48

Howz Dr Amaral's book selling - anyone know?

An English version published through his auspices would be a distinct advantage to him and anyone interested in the case of missing Madeleine McCann.

Blah blah snipped

Come on Gonçalo we're waiting, not very patiently I might add

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 20506
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Carana » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:57 pm

bluj1515 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Does he have a theory for the political reasons that he has claims would move Germany to decide to *falsely* suggest that one of their own nationals likely committed the famous/infamous abduction of a British child from Portugal 12 years after the act, 2 years after Britain took leave from the political entity that bound the 3 countries somewhat, 5 years after Britain reopened their own investigation and 9-10 years after Portugal admitted the parents weren’t suspects? I await this geopolitical analysis with baited breath.
Don't hold your breath too long, Blu.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 20506
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Carana » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:17 am

Am I premature in assuming that his latest book hasn't yet made the New York Times' bestseller list?
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

jjbd
Posts: 17987
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:23 pm

No updates from morais or paulo - it really must be rubbish!

Post Reply