German prisoner identified as suspect

honestbroker1

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:05 pm

I was talking about Brueckner's lawyer, not Amaral.

Brueckner's lawyer hasn't had much to say of late.

Most recent I could find was early August.
None of Mr Amaral’s points are ‘new’. But his reappearance now, and the prospect of another book that has been years on the back burner, suggests new revelations could be on the way.
New revelations?

Revelations would be a first.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:31 pm

the only revelation about amaral is this: he still continues with his disgusting celebrity style behaviour.

sal

Post by sal » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:37 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... n-24847546

Girl, 12, molested by Madeleine McCann suspect terrified he will come after her if freed
A terrified young girl molested by Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner fears he will one day be released from prison and is 'panic-stricken' for her life

Christian Brueckner is chief suspect in the Madeleine McCann kidnap and murder case
Christian Brueckner is chief suspect in the Madeleine McCann kidnap and murder case (Image: Shutterstock)

21:20, 26 Aug 2021UPDATED21:22, 26 Aug 2021
A little girl molested by the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case is terrified he will come after her again if he is freed.

The Portuguese girl’s mother said her daughter, now 12, fears Christian Brueckner will seek revenge after her evidence put him behind bars.

German investigators believe convicted p.a.e.dophile and rapist Brueckner, 44, abducted and killed three-year-old Madeleine in 2007.

In a TV documentary made by German paper Bild, the mum said: “My daughter is afraid when I talk about Christian B in public. She asks what will happen when he gets out of prison.

"She is panic-stricken for my life and hers.”

The girl was just eight in 2017 when Brueckner exposed himself to her at a playground at a village festival in San Bartolomeu de Messines, Portugal.

The mum recalled: “My daughter came running and said, there’s a man, he’s showing his willy.

"I went there immediately. There’s a little house in the playground, Christian B was in it with his trousers down. He looked at my daughter and said, ‘Hey you, what’s your name?’

“He was totally drunk, maybe there were other drugs involved. We then called the police.”

After his arrest, Brueckner was deported to Germany to serve an outstanding jail sentence for child s-e-x crimes. He was named chief suspect in the McCann case after phone records put him in Praia da Luz, Portugal, where she vanished on holiday.

He strongly denies any involvement.

Follow Mirror
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal

Post by sal » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:13 am

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:04 am

While German prosecutors are convinced Madeleine is dead and the investigation is a murder inquiry, British police continue to call it a missing person inquiry.

Some suggest this is out of respect for the McCann family but I think it is entirely justified until German police offer up the ­evidence that proves she is dead.

And there is some possibility that [Madeleine] may still be alive.
As I've long held, thoughtful and insightful pieces can be written, even in down-market publications.

That is one.

sal

Post by sal » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:31 am

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:33 am

sal wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:31 am
worth another read

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/madeleine- ... -48-hours/
Peter Van Sant: And may I speculate that that evidence may include photographs or video of Maddie McCann?

Hans Christian Wolters: You may speculate. But I'm not allowed to tell you if you are right or if you are wrong.

But despite the evidence he says he has, Wolters admits he needs more of it in order to charge Brueckner.

Hans Christian Wolters: And in Germany, we … charge someone only if we are sure that he will be sentenced by the court. If there are doubts … we don't charge him.
The answer to Peter Van Sant's question, self-evidently, is no.

If they had that evidence, they would charge Brueckner.

sal

Post by sal » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:38 pm

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Christian’s lawyer and the McCanns declined to comment.
Up until now, the lawyer has been quite vocal.

Wonder if that's significant?

sal

Post by sal » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 am

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/tv/tv/ ... .bild.html

SANDRA KUHN MODERATES BILD LIVE
In that TV moment, I fought back tears

The missing Maddie McCann case has been with me for years.

But the topic has never been as emotional for me as it was on my second broadcast day on BILD LIVE a week ago.

Everyone knows the Maddie case : the little girl who disappeared without a trace from an apartment in the Algarve in 2007. For me as a mother still something unimaginable: the family wants to experience the happiest time of the year together - and then the child suddenly disappears.

Even when I introduced the topic, I had goose bumps: I imagined my daughter Leni (3) suddenly disappearing from a hotel room. That's the worst that can happen to a mother.

Particularly moving: the conversation with BILD reporter Kai Feldhaus. He has been reporting on the Maddie case since she disappeared: In the studio he showed the trailer for the new BILD documentary about the fate of the McCann family.

Even after the first scenes I had to fight with myself - somehow hold back the tears. That is probably the art of journalism: To be able to hold back tears even in moving moments ... and if it does happen, then that's only human.

Because we are moderators, but also mothers and fathers - the fates of children and families move us just like our viewers.

A week ago, BILD reported on TV about the 14-year missing person case of Maddie McCann (with presenter Thomas Kausch, criminalist Christian Watzdorf, BILD reporter Kai Feldhaus and Sandra K

This is exactly what makes BILD LIVE so special - we show what moves you and us! We give a voice and a platform to people who fell silent a long time ago.

Sandra Kuhn is the presenter for the news program BILD LIVE. Before that, she stood in front of the camera on RTL for around 15 years.
For me as a presenter - but especially as a mother - one of the biggest concerns is that Maddie's parents will one day know what happened to their little daughter.

And if we at BILD can contribute to that, then I like to keep fighting back tears in front of the camera.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:06 am

Interesting that Brueckner's lawyer declined to comment.

sal

Post by sal » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Preview of Jon Clarkes book
A certain ex cop gets a mention.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MY-SEARCH-MADE ... =1&depth=1

sal

Post by sal » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:14 am

sal wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:55 pm
Finally I will look for the first time , at two other retired police officer- both English ex pats-lurking like a bad smell in the background. One a senior career detective who has spent years supporting the Portuguese Police and trolling the McCanns for being guilty of the crime , as well as publishing thousands of words of lies about me being potentially involved and exposing my family and children to danger

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 am

sal wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:14 am
sal wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:55 pm
Finally I will look for the first time , at two other retired police officer- both English ex pats-lurking like a bad smell in the background. One a senior career detective who has spent years supporting the Portuguese Police and trolling the McCanns for being guilty of the crime , as well as publishing thousands of words of lies about me being potentially involved and exposing my family and children to danger
Murky Mac? and who else?

sal

Post by sal » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:53 am

the one and only jj :s_yes

the other resides in Portugal close to where CB lived

Jon Clarke says he will name them both further into the book.

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:06 am

sal wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:53 am
the one and only jj :s_yes

the other resides in Portugal close to where CB lived

Jon Clarke says he will name them both further into the book.
jj !!! - bloody hell.

sal

Post by sal » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Quite a number of pages dedicated to peter plod and co.

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:19 pm

sal wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm
Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann' - Page 2 Empty Re: Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann'

Post by Jill Havern Today at 7:26
Gawd knows how many new chapters Jon Clarke's new bewk is going to produce for PeterMac's e-book
Notice the really intelligent use of "bewk" and "book".

That's something to look forward to isn't it?

Murky Mac's book - sorry that should be bennett's cesspit book - is currently at about Chapter 44 with the exciting title "Who is The Fat Controller ?"

I have not checked to see if there is Thomas the Tank Engine music to go with it.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:40 am

jjbd wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:19 pm
sal wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm
Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann' - Page 2 Empty Re: Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann'

Post by Jill Havern Today at 7:26
Gawd knows how many new chapters Jon Clarke's new bewk is going to produce for PeterMac's e-book
Notice the really intelligent use of "bewk" and "book".

That's something to look forward to isn't it?

Murky Mac's book - sorry that should be bennett's cesspit book - is currently at about Chapter 44 with the exciting title "Who is The Fat Controller ?"

I have not checked to see if there is Thomas the Tank Engine music to go with it.

:s_biggrin :s_biggrin The book has rattled their cages :s_thumbsup
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:53 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... n-24912385

If Madeleine was in the van, surely, so will her dna be?

Cath

Post by Cath » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:15 pm

Another book in the making.

I think the article was edited because I clearly remember reading more outspoken comments on Amaral and his goons.
And she criticised the probe by her Portuguese colleagues, which focused on parents Kate and Gerry.
“I could really see their pain. I was as shocked as anyone when they were made suspects... it made no sense. I was pleased when the case against them was dropped.”
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-n ... n-24911751
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday [28-04-2015], Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair and ordered to pay them €250,000 each in damages. The judge also banned further sale of his book, the Truth of the Lie.

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann' - Page 3 Empty Re: Extract from Jon Clarke's new book: 'My Search for Madeleine McCann'

Post by Verdi Today at 12:44
Amazon book reviews so far..

Top reviews from United Kingdom

1. PM

1.0 out of 5 stars dubious at best.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 September 2021

"Jon Clarke was the first journalist on the scene when Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007 . . ."
NO HE WASN'T
There is YouTube news footage showing him in a group of at least 6, comparing notes and reading what they had found out. He got there comparatively late having driven the 4 hours from his home in Spain.
So the first sentence is a lie. One he has repeated over the years.
Read the rest with this in mind.
Now I wonder who PM may be??? :s_biggrin

Cath

Post by Cath » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:21 pm

I can make a good guess 🤪

On Investigation Discovery there’s a documentary about Madeleine and the new suspect, Bruckner.
But they are bashing Amaral for his lies and mistakes too. :s_biggrin
The head of the forensic laboratory said that he has never seen such a botched forensic investigation in his career.
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday [28-04-2015], Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair and ordered to pay them €250,000 each in damages. The judge also banned further sale of his book, the Truth of the Lie.

sal

Post by sal » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 pm

sal

Post by sal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:08 pm

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/news/inla ... .bild.html

behind paywall
Maddie suspect also suspected of
murder in Belgium
Christian Brückner: Maddie suspect also in Belgium under suspicion of murder
Photo: imago / Belga, archive
itemsby: KAI FELDHAUSpublished on
09/13/2021 - 3:26 pm
The investigation into the Maddie McCann case uncovered clues in a number of other unsolved crimes in which Christian Brückner (44) could be involved. Including the murder of a young German in Belgium in 1996.

You can read the background with BILDPlus.
older article of same
https://www.rtl.de/cms/fall-maddie-mcca ... 57238.html