German prisoner identified as suspect

Post Reply
jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:43 am

from morais:
Maddie, the German investigation
Investigação CM, broadcast by CMTV, October 7, 2021

News anchor João Ferreira: Investigação CM had exclusive access to the famous German process against Christian Brueckner. Over the course of this TV programme and also in the following days you will be up-to-date about all the crucial aspects of the German investigation as well as about other information that are not related to Madeleine’s disappearance but can, nonetheless, make all the difference. Starting with this information that we are now going to reveal: Brueckner was considered as the suspect of the death of a young woman in Germany.


Voice over male journalist: The German justice documents recall that Brueckner, who stated that he was a freelance artist, was questioned as a suspect of the murder of a 24-year-old young woman in the new years eve of 2010, in Germany. Monika’s body (Monika Pawla) was found dismembered underneath a bridge. An informant had denounced Brueckner, but he denied the crime. He alleged he was in a different place with two friends, of whom he only knew their first names and the investigation head against into a brick wall. The case against the suspect of murdering Maddie ended up being archived and the man carried on with a life of crime. Germany eventually issued a European arrest warrant and on June 11, 2017 the Portuguese authorities arrested Christian Brueckner. In the following day, he sat across two High court Judges (i.e. Appellate judges) at the Court of Appeals of Évora (South Portugal), a prosecutor, a lawyer and an interpreter. Christian Brueckner didn’t oppose to the extradition to Germany. He would answer in his country for the crimes of child sexual exploitation and child pornography. The Appellate Judge António Condesso ordered Brueckner to remain in preventive detention until the extradition took place. The risk of escaping was real. Later on, to these crimes of p.a.e.d.o.philia others would be added to the scope of the European arrest warrant. Among those crimes there was a sentence for drug trafficking. In 2018, already with Brueckner in jail in Wolfenbüttel in Lower Saxony, the German procuratorate resumed the investigation of rape in 2005 and adds the sexual abuse of a teenager and other children. It was in this context, and following several reports to the police, that he became a suspect of Madeleine’s abduction and homicide in 2007, in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve.

News anchor João Ferreira: The former Judiciary Police coordinator has no doubts the German process to the Maddie case contains gross mistakes, flaws, omissions and even lies. Gonçalo Amaral states that one of the German lies is related with the sentence for rape that Brueckner is now serving in Germany. Gonçalo Amaral says that Christian Brueckner is in jail for a crime that he didn’t commit.

Cut to Gonçalo Amaral recent interview: (…) Looking at all the paperwork of the German investigation, looking at the lack of rigour, the incongruence (i.e. lack of consistency) of that investigation, looking at the gross mistakes that investigation has and then to the abusive conclusions resulting from it. (…) It was a major publicity campaign. In essence the selling of a product, which was to sell that suspect. (…) There are many, many lies.

Voice over female journalist: Lies which Gonçalo Amaral reveals here, on this Investigação CM. Starting with those he consider as being part of the German investigation. Lies, which, according to Gonçalo Amaral, aim at connecting Christian Brueckner to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. The German suspect of Madeleine’s abduction is currently serving a jail sentence in Germany. Brueckner was charged and sentenced to 7 and half years for the rape of this 70-year-old North American woman (they show her picture & her vivenda), that lived here, in this house, nearby Praia da Luz, back in 2005. At the time, Brueckner lived in this house (pictured above), also minutes away from Praia da Luz and the Ocean Club. The alleged rape of the North American woman took place in 2005. The 70-year-old woman was violently beaten, tortured, as shown in the photos that are part of the investigation. She was also robbed. This rape case is part of the German process viewed and now, analysed by the former Judiciary Police inspector.

Cut to Gonçalo Amaral recent interview: When it comes to the rape of the North American woman, in Praia da Luz, in 2005. What is in the Portuguese process (i.e. case files related to this specific event), the Portuguese process that was sent to Germany and was translated there in Germany, is that they forgot to translate the essential part, the crucial part and that was the medical report done by a specialist in gynaecology, of the night when those events took place in 2005. In which she (the doctor) states that there are no signs of rape. This was handwritten in a medical style, that type of handwriting that is hard to read, and the translator states that is unintelligible. From then on, the conclusions of that medical examination are dismissed, and the man (Brueckner) ends up being accused of rape when in all likelihood there was no rape. The (German) police at that point, with their rigorous methods, only had to ask their Portuguese counterparts what exactly was written in that report. When the Judiciary Police records that process back in 2005, it records it as an attempted rape and robbery, where it is stated that there was no rape based on that medical examination. This is a mistake, and it is something that leads to the scrutinization of the whole on-going German investigation. This is a gross mistake and puts in question what the Germans have been doing.


ongoing, continues later

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 am

Any mention of the body hair found on the victims bed?
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 am

A summary from WS:
- GA states that CB is in jail for the RAPE of the old woman but on the declaration of the JP files for that crime the woman was NOT raped. They show the process on TV. Aparently CB did enter the appartment to rob, etc but the woman was not raped according to medical exam made to the woman and was badly translated to German.

- GA talks about the theory that all already know but :

- They show on TV documets that are black and white like normal process files and have the braunschweig (sta) logo and aparently are indeed the running process against CB by HCW. They claim to have access to the files at least to some point.

- GA claims that Helge B was about to be in jail many tears and manage to have only one year and little more of jail in trade of something with police, it's stated that Helge called police saying CB killed/took MM and because his co-operation he get away from long sentence of jail.

- GA claims that important "evidence" that BKA talks about it's a WORD documents that they found on CB computer telling a story / or auto-biography in those files CB tells about killing/raping children and GA doesn't specificly say that but let us believe that the "secret evidence" is that, meaning CB might have written on a word document a "story" of him killing/abducting whatever MM, but GA claims that no-one knows if it's a story or fact. Aparently it's that if we are to believe GA.

- GA then tells about the chat back in 2013 and tells that in 2014 CB did had access to a little girl and took pictures of her in "sensual"/"sexual" poses. GA states that if CB wanted so badly to do stuff like described on the chat to a little girl he could have done that to the one on 2014 and instead just took pictures of her and later the mother was ID, etc.

Apart from that they only mentioned the "Monika" case where CB was suspect /the 24 years old girl that was killed and body appeared dismembered near a bridge but they say German LEA close the case, CB was suspect but was able to provide alibi that he was with 2 other guys on a bar/pub on the time of the dead of the girl.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 am

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 am
Any mention of the body hair found on the victims bed?
He accepts that he entered to rob her.


Why would they do a rape test unless she alleged rape? She was a 70 year old who had been beaten and tortured.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 am

CB defence team would have had access to that scribbled medical report that said "No rape".

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:13 am

The victim - now 86 years old - cannot come from the USA as a witness. Instead, a BKA investigator reported on the two-day interrogation of the old woman in the United States.

He experienced her as mentally active, but years later still emotionally charged. "After that, she couldn't sleep, couldn't turn off the light at night and was scared." The traumatic experience changed her life. After the crime, she returned to the United States.

She did not recognize the perpetrator. Only noticed that he was muscular and spoke poor Portuguese. As she described to the investigators, the man had masked himself. He is also said to have carried a saber about 30 centimeters long.

The injured party remembered a long and systematic approach by the offender, the investigator said in court. After he pushed her into the bedroom, he gagged her, handcuffed her and blindfolded her. The man must have had a rope to tie and the blindfold with him, she speculated. Both utensils would not have come from her household.

After the physical and sexual abuse of his victim, the perpetrator is said to have demanded money. She went into the kitchen with him and gave him between 80 and 100 euros from her wallet. Then he led her to the bathroom and ordered her to remain quiet for ten minutes.

After a few minutes she went to her office to call a neighbor and the police. There she noticed that the perpetrator had also stolen her computer. The process continues.

As it turns out in early June 2020, the man could be related to the world-famous Maddie McCann case. That is why the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office is investigating.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am

jjbd wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 am
CB defence team would have had access to that scribbled medical report that said "No rape".
exactly, instead relied only on the loophole connected to the EAW
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8622
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:50 pm

He [Amaral] claims German prosecutors have turned the convicted p.a.e.dophile into a “man-made Frankenstein”.
That's (actually) what Mark Harrison did with Grime.

He then struggled, with considerable skill, but only partial success, to rein in the monster he had created.

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:49 pm

+1

Gonçalo Amaral - new book coming soon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral - new book coming soon.

Post by xklamation Today at 12:28
Hello Anthony, thank you for the welcome back. Hope life is treating you well.

This are just the first 6 minutes of a 48 minutes TV programme. There's plenty more information coming out of this series of interviews and CMTV on-going reports, as well as other media reports.

It's clear both Gonçalo Amaral and CMTV have had access to the German investigation case files, have analysed them, and now are exposing with factual knowledge what they and likely most of us following this case, believe is a farcical investigation aiming, not at the factual truth, but at the creation of the "perfect suspect" by all and any means to force only one conclusion, dismissing all the numerous still unexplained and unexplored inconsistencies of this case, namely the unreliability of the Tapas 9 statements.

Underlying this exposé is a public refutal by Gonçalo Amaral of how the German investigation has been conducted, and obviously this also serves as a medium to promote his new book. Remember, this TV programme and Gonçalo's new book are meant first and foremost for a Portuguese audience, providing context in a way, to balance all the disinformation we've seen on Sandra Felgueiras' Sexta às 9 series broadcast by state TV RTP and other recent media reports that were published here in Portugal without any objectivity and lacking accuracy.

Like yourself, I suppose Gonçalo Amaral theses about the Maddie case haven't changed much throughout the years. And how could they change? You cannot from the same facts, extrapolate, deduce a different theory. I can't comment on that specific detail you point out, I haven't read his new book yet.
However, from reading the index it seems to me the new book "Enough with the Lies" is as a sort of volume II of his first "The Truth of the Lie", focusing on the recent developments and maybe as an outline of his thoughts, factual experiences and knowledge as the first coordinator of the Judiciary Police investigation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. We have have to read the book before making any criticisms.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Note - Morais says:
It's clear both Gonçalo Amaral and CMTV have had access to the German investigation case files................
Compare with:
Hans Christian Wolters, spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office, on the allegations: “We are not interested in the views and assessments of a former Portuguese police officer because we assume that he does not have our investigation results and files. It is therefore completely irrelevant to us what Mr Amaral thinks, says and writes. "
Who to believe eh?

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:06 pm

He has probably just accessed court records on brueckners past crim record just as Sandra F did in Portugal.
It is very doubtful he would know the current Madeleine investigations, unless his pj mates have loose lips.

Bet the combe and plod didn't care for jomos answer re their tinpot theory
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 pm

appeal OG
We believe he was living in this van for days, possibly weeks, and may have
been using it on 3 May 2007.
What door did Amaral and co supposedly knock on?
One of the unavoidable names when talking about Maddie's disappearance is the former inspector of the PJ of Portimão Gonçalo Amaral, still today the target of criticism in the English press and who even had a legal dispute with the child's parents. On the subject, Carlos Farinha recalled that Gonçalo Amaral left the PJ in 2008 and that “after that, many people worked and work in the process ”, regretting that the name continues to be related to the investigation.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8622
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:53 am

[Herr Walters] said a “very big number” have been interviewed but the team has yet to find the person Brueckner spoke to on the phone around the time Madeleine went missing. He added: “We’ve found no evidence to clear Mr Brueckner of suspicion. Everything we’ve found fits in the picture. We’re perhaps halfway through.”

Defending the decision not to show the McCanns the evidence that leads prosecutors to believe Madeleine is dead, he said: “If I did ...is very possible that they would then no longer have any hope.”
Half way through?

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31898
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:48 pm

jjbd wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:53 pm
Note - Morais says:
It's clear both Gonçalo Amaral and CMTV have had access to the German investigation case files................
Compare with:
Hans Christian Wolters, spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office, on the allegations: “We are not interested in the views and assessments of a former Portuguese police officer because we assume that he does not have our investigation results and files. It is therefore completely irrelevant to us what Mr Amaral thinks, says and writes. "
Who to believe eh?
I certainly wouldn’t believe anything that comes from those hasbeens..Morearse and Spamaral.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31898
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:00 pm

jjbd wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:43 am
from morais:
Maddie, the German investigation
Investigação CM, broadcast by CMTV, October 7, 2021

News anchor João Ferreira: Investigação CM had exclusive access to the famous German process against Christian Brueckner. Over the course of this TV programme and also in the following days you will be up-to-date about all the crucial aspects of the German investigation as well as about other information that are not related to Madeleine’s disappearance but can, nonetheless, make all the difference. Starting with this information that we are now going to reveal: Brueckner was considered as the suspect of the death of a young woman in Germany.


Voice over male journalist: The German justice documents recall that Brueckner, who stated that he was a freelance artist, was questioned as a suspect of the murder of a 24-year-old young woman in the new years eve of 2010, in Germany. Monika’s body (Monika Pawla) was found dismembered underneath a bridge. An informant had denounced Brueckner, but he denied the crime. He alleged he was in a different place with two friends, of whom he only knew their first names and the investigation head against into a brick wall. The case against the suspect of murdering Maddie ended up being archived and the man carried on with a life of crime. Germany eventually issued a European arrest warrant and on June 11, 2017 the Portuguese authorities arrested Christian Brueckner. In the following day, he sat across two High court Judges (i.e. Appellate judges) at the Court of Appeals of Évora (South Portugal), a prosecutor, a lawyer and an interpreter. Christian Brueckner didn’t oppose to the extradition to Germany. He would answer in his country for the crimes of child sexual exploitation and child pornography. The Appellate Judge António Condesso ordered Brueckner to remain in preventive detention until the extradition took place. The risk of escaping was real. Later on, to these crimes of p.a.e.d.o.philia others would be added to the scope of the European arrest warrant. Among those crimes there was a sentence for drug trafficking. In 2018, already with Brueckner in jail in Wolfenbüttel in Lower Saxony, the German procuratorate resumed the investigation of rape in 2005 and adds the sexual abuse of a teenager and other children. It was in this context, and following several reports to the police, that he became a suspect of Madeleine’s abduction and homicide in 2007, in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve.

News anchor João Ferreira: The former Judiciary Police coordinator has no doubts the German process to the Maddie case contains gross mistakes, flaws, omissions and even lies. Gonçalo Amaral states that one of the German lies is related with the sentence for rape that Brueckner is now serving in Germany. Gonçalo Amaral says that Christian Brueckner is in jail for a crime that he didn’t commit.

Cut to Gonçalo Amaral recent interview: (…) Looking at all the paperwork of the German investigation, looking at the lack of rigour, the incongruence (i.e. lack of consistency) of that investigation, looking at the gross mistakes that investigation has and then to the abusive conclusions resulting from it. (…) It was a major publicity campaign. In essence the selling of a product, which was to sell that suspect. (…) There are many, many lies.

Voice over female journalist: Lies which Gonçalo Amaral reveals here, on this Investigação CM. Starting with those he consider as being part of the German investigation. Lies, which, according to Gonçalo Amaral, aim at connecting Christian Brueckner to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. The German suspect of Madeleine’s abduction is currently serving a jail sentence in Germany. Brueckner was charged and sentenced to 7 and half years for the rape of this 70-year-old North American woman (they show her picture & her vivenda), that lived here, in this house, nearby Praia da Luz, back in 2005. At the time, Brueckner lived in this house (pictured above), also minutes away from Praia da Luz and the Ocean Club. The alleged rape of the North American woman took place in 2005. The 70-year-old woman was violently beaten, tortured, as shown in the photos that are part of the investigation. She was also robbed. This rape case is part of the German process viewed and now, analysed by the former Judiciary Police inspector.

Cut to Gonçalo Amaral recent interview: When it comes to the rape of the North American woman, in Praia da Luz, in 2005. What is in the Portuguese process (i.e. case files related to this specific event), the Portuguese process that was sent to Germany and was translated there in Germany, is that they forgot to translate the essential part, the crucial part and that was the medical report done by a specialist in gynaecology, of the night when those events took place in 2005. In which she (the doctor) states that there are no signs of rape. This was handwritten in a medical style, that type of handwriting that is hard to read, and the translator states that is unintelligible. From then on, the conclusions of that medical examination are dismissed, and the man (Brueckner) ends up being accused of rape when in all likelihood there was no rape. The (German) police at that point, with their rigorous methods, only had to ask their Portuguese counterparts what exactly was written in that report. When the Judiciary Police records that process back in 2005, it records it as an attempted rape and robbery, where it is stated that there was no rape based on that medical examination. This is a mistake, and it is something that leads to the scrutinization of the whole on-going German investigation. This is a gross mistake and puts in question what the Germans have been doing.


ongoing, continues later
The question is.....Why have Portuguese police never seemed over willing to help or share information with any other police force looking at cases in Portugal?
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

scoobydoo
Posts: 2310
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by scoobydoo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Amarel is not going to have a clue what the Germans have in their files. And I bet he is sweating. He knew this guy should have been a suspect and for whatever reason he ignored it. If this guy is convicted amaral will be town to shreds on an international stage.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:22 pm

by Verdi Today at 16:19

Every leading voice in this never ending nightmare of deception has something derogatory to say about the Portuguese police then and now. It's not fair play, it's dirty dealing.

Has Dr. Amaral ever publicly insulted anyone or anything from the UK? He speaks truths but that's not the same, if it offends then the offended must be hiding guilt. He hasn't slurred, he hasn't made false allegations, he hasn't libelled, he hasn't lied and above all else .... he hasn't 'botched' anything whatsoever !!!

He is however a human being, a decent human being with nothing to hide. Maybe they should remember that when slandering his name across every headline - but then they ain't much good at acknowledging truth are they.
there's none so blind as those who will not see

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8622
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:52 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... ml?r=57511
Mr Wolters has now said they cannot prove she is dead and have no DNA or photo evidence linking Brueckner to her alleged murder.

But, addressing the McCanns, he said: “We are confident we have the man who took and killed your daughter.

“All I can do is ask for your patience. I personally think a conclusion will be reached next year. We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.

“I can’t tell you on which basis we assume she is dead. But for us, there’s no other possibility. There is no hope she is alive.”
:s_sad

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Whiterose » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:01 pm

So Amaral says there is no rape because the medical examination said so, if that is true and it's a huge if, has he thought maybe it was Oral s-e-x? What evidence would that leave? He is a disgusting man, I hope none of her family will read what he says. He makes me sick. Why would she lie. :insanity:
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8622
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:38 pm

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.p ... 667860#new

Vertigo Swale writes:
If sceptics are right and HCW has destroyed any prospect of Brueckner getting a fair trial then they must be delighted and thanking HCW from the bottom of their hearts because they will then be free to carry on pointing the finger at the McCanns until the day they drop dead from all their efforts.
Sceptics are wrong, on all counts. In Germany, trials are both heard and determined by judges. There is no jury.

Certainly, in England, judges of a certain seniority and above are deemed to be sufficiently rigorous and impartial not to be influenced by pre-trial publicity in reaching verdicts based on the facts of the case, not pre-trial publicity. I would be amazed if the same is not, also, true in Germany.

Ordinarily there would be the ancillary point that the reputation of a defendant who stands accused, but not convicted, should be protected before the outcome of any trial.

That really doesn't apply to Brueckner, who has a string of convictions and is currently serving a prison term for a violent sexual assault.

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 20506
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Carana » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:31 am

catkins wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:00 pm

The question is.....Why have Portuguese police never seemed over willing to help or share information with any other police force looking at cases in Portugal?
They did cooperate with the UK over the batch of rog interviews a few years back. If they really are less cooperative now (as opposed to just hyperbureaucratic), I wonder if the fact that Luís Neves was appointed national PJ director in 2018 has anything to do with it.

https://www.dn.pt/pais/nomeacoes-pj-tri ... 41084.html
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Post Reply