German prisoner identified as suspect

sal

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Joana Morais
@JoanaAMorais
·
12m
Felgueiras starts with strong criticism in her introduction, "The Portuguese justice neglected the fact that the main suspect of the murder of Madeleine McCann is a sexual predator, that lived in Praia da Luz, Sexta às 9 investigated the life of Christian Brueckner in the Algarve

And we're back on Brueckner. Sandra is reporting on the criminal process for robbery, "half a year before Madeleine's disappearance, the main suspect of the murder of the English child had a clean criminal record in Portugal. This certificate(in the screenshot) belongs to the ..
Joana Morais
@JoanaAMorais
..process which condemned Christian Brueckner in December 2006,in Portimão's Court. As it happens, one year before this certificate, Brueckner had already raped an elderly North American woman, 72 y.o., in Praia da Luz, the epicentre of the most mysterious case ever was also...
10:53 PM · Jun 19, 2020·Twitter for Android
Joana Morais
@JoanaAMorais
·
9s
Replying to
@JoanaAMorais
... the place where this German man had a house, to where the German police (BKA) believes he took Madeleine, after the kidnapping. And he had it (the house) for at least a year. What he hid there is only known to him, but the truth is that he preferred to be arrested (sic)...
Joana Morais
@JoanaAMorais
·
6s
..for 8 months, rather than allowing the police to associate him to her (literal translation, I assume her is Madeleine). In an exclusive to Sexta às 9, the lawyer that defended him in the robbery process in Portimão admits that Brueckner may be Madeleine's murderer because he

..does not discard that he (GB) had psychopathic traits. Cut to a segment, I'll post the video, and translate after, in the following tweet.

Joana Morais
@JoanaAMorais
Sorry guys, taking a tiny break, be back in 1 hour.
Last edited by sal on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:00 pm

Is that Sandra that came out on the Netlix thing and admitted that she had been fooled all along?

sal

Post by sal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

yep jj

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:05 pm

sal wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm
yep jj
yep and Morais reporting/translating it????

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 pm

about “it is appalling that that announcement should be made to the world before the McCanns”, in my opinion, this is only about protagonism or fame from the German prosecutor.

sal

Post by sal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 pm

She is jj..and is now taking a break :s_smile

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:08 pm

sal wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 pm
She is jj..and is now taking a break :s_smile
Yes I am watching her twitter feed. :s_biggrin

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Telegraph, 45 minutes ago:
Madeleine McCann's disappearance is "still a missing persons inquiry", Scotland Yard said on Friday, as they denied that German police had told her family about evidence that she was dead.

With relations between officials investigating Christian Brückner continuing to be strained, the Metropolitan Police released an extraordinary statement in which it clarified that it had received one letter from German authorities which "did not state that there was evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead".

It is the Met's first statement since German p.a.e.dophile Brückner was identified as the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

The statement comes in response to the Braunschweig state prosecutor, Hans Christian Wolters, continuing to insist that the Germans are conducting a murder investigation and that he has sent two letters to the McCanns.

On Tuesday, the McCann family released a statement which said reports suggesting they had been told Madeleine was dead were false and had caused "unnecessary anxiety to friends and family and once again disrupted our lives".

A source close to the McCann family said this week: "It's like Hans Wolters is playing funny games with the McCanns without being funny. Those close to the McCanns are getting really mad with the German approach."

The row comes as court documents in Portugal showed that Brückner had told a Portuguese judge he had historic child s-e-x convictions in his homeland a year before Madeleine disappeared.

But in another apparent blunder by the Portuguese authorities, his official records only showed him to have convictions for stealing fuel and public disobedience, and he was never interviewed in the wake of Madeleine's disappearance in 2007.

In another dramatic turn, court records show that Brückner had another campervan which he used to drive around the Algarve around the time the young girl went missing.

The German, and an Austrian friend, used to sleep in the back of a Bedford CF van which was seized by police in 2008, according to Portuguese newspaper Expresso. However, any hopes that the vehicle could hold vital clues to the Madeleine case were dashed when it emerged that it had been scrapped in 2009.

Brückner and his friend were arrested on April 8, 2006 for stealing 321 litres of diesel from parked lorries in the Algarve town of Portimao. The Austrian could not be contacted on Friday, but is thought to be living outside Portugal.

Court files from the time say Brückner told judge Antonieta Nascimento that, when he was 17 and living in Germany, he was convicted of thefts and sexual offences and spent a year and a half in prison.

Christian Brückner
Christian Brückner CREDIT: BILD Bund
Brückner, now 43, had molested a six-year-old girl in a playground in his home town of Wurzburg, Bavaria, in 1994. It is not known if this information was ever passed on to police.

The court documents also show that Brückner was offered a place to live by the owner of the scrapyard in Barrocal at which his distinctive VW Westfalia campervan was seized last year.

According to Expresso, it is also where the Bedford van was seized after Portuguese police officers visited the property in November 2008 because Brückner had not paid fines. Brückner had allegedly given the address to court officials.

On Friday, when asked about his relationship with Brückner, the scrapyard owner said: "Ask the police. They know the whole story. I have nothing to do with this crime."

Separately, a Portuguese woman told the court in 2006 that she owned a restaurant in the town of Lagos, just a short drive from Praia da Luz, and that she would employ Brückner on a six-month contract, paying him 450 euros a month. She could not be contacted on Friday.

A Policia Judiciaria source told Expresso at the weekend that Brückner was never questioned by detectives immediately after Madeleine disappeared in May 2007 because they had no idea he was a convicted s-e-x offender.

But the latest disclosure has put the spotlight firmly back onto the Portuguese authorities, who said British and German police also missed chances to identify him years ago.

A Policia Judiciaria source quoted by the paper said: "Nearly all the Portuguese nationals and foreigners living on the Algarve with s-e-x offence convictions were questioned at the time."

The paper reported: "Although Brückner had arrived in Portugal from Germany in 1996 after fleeing a child s-e-x abuse conviction, he wasn't on that list of predators. That's because, back then, there was not the exchange of information between European police forces that takes place today.

"That case of sexual abuse of a minor did not cross the German borders, and that meant the PJ [Policia Judiciaria] didn't know about it. The German was known to police in Portugal, but for petty crimes he'd been convicted of, which didn't raise any alarms in May 2007."

By then, Brückner had raped a 72-year-old American tourist at a luxury beachfront villa, but was only convicted last year.

He spent eight months in prison for stealing the diesel and was released in December 2006, five months before Madeleine went missing. After her disappearance, he moved to Foral, where he got a job as a waiter, but was apparently feared by locals.
This is an appalling muddle.

They need to sort it, prompto.

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:16 am

Verdi

I'm rather hoping this wave of nonsense will very soon be overtaken by a COVID-19 spike or mutation to fill the headlines
You know where that is from.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:00 am

Mr. Rogerio Alves answered the questions of Felgueiras:

F: with me tonight is Rogerio Alves, former laywer of the McCanns, still friend of the couple, we have talked too much about this case for 13 years, Mr. doctor, about these evidencies which we present tonight, does it make any sense that never existed crossing of data between the justices of the different European countries where this man appeared and now we know now that even in Portugal he confessed sexual abuses in the past, and that he was never being investigate as a guy and only occasionally being judged by disobedience, theft and never understood that he was a sexual predator presented in that time in a place of a crime.

RA: good evening, well, about what seems to be a failure in the investigation, I should tell you to be completely honest, it does not seem so much about the responsability for the court about the material of the crime of theft, because he did mentioned a vague reference, not documented, and eventually false, but did not created curiosity for the court, which the court understood that for being judged that concrete case, it was not needed to investigate about his criminal background.

F: and nobody in the court asked his criminal record being in cause

RA: in the begininng, no, in this matter, today is a bit different, not so, lets imagine that the biggest criminal of the world comes to Portugal in holidays and suddenly he has an altercation at the door of a discotheque, which is accused of offence of physical integrity, well, he will be eventually judged for that issue, a summary process created in the next day, with all tranquility, but, then we think, my God, we had here this guy in our presence, what have changed, in certain cases, what seems to me, it failed, honestly, since the abduction of Madeleine, eventually followed of homicide, lets hope not, but since that fact, it is looking of a kidnapper or sexual predator, apart from the time lost with fantasies, with that fantasy, famous in Portugal, of the thesis that tried to justify the injustify, so, besides that fantasy, which involved a fairytale, as I usually say, that there were dogs involved, the truth is that what should been looked, someone with characteristics of kidnapper and or sexual predator, that was in some way in that territory

F: since 2007, no database existed

RA: that sexual abuser or criminal record was not recorded in PT, the main database

F: the PJ could looked if at Praia da Luz existed sexual predators, and they were there

RA: it is true, now, we do not know if it was him or not. what we know is that are many segments, many indicators that pointed in that possible scenario, we cannot now create a second story with also no proof, that seems to have proof in the way that there are many indicators that points for the possibilty of being

F: the German prosecutor told what he did firmly in the interview he gave me, that she is dead, that have concrete evidencies, that cannot tell for not to jeopardise what he gathered, would he say that if he had not sure

RA: as far as I know, about what is the German system, of course not, what do we understand these are two things that should be analyzed separately, sometimes the declarations of the German prosecutor, with all do respect, seems to be a sort of an heart exam. or either goes up or down, a bit unpredictable, in first place, it seems to have a contrast, much difficult of understanding, between being sure that the author or close of being certain that the author was that, to be certain that Madeleine is dead, and not have enough proof to accuse, this seems to me a thing difficult of being compatible, that is what he assumes, but, for me, it is difficult of being compatible, I m not convinced, one thing is reality, another is the transmission of reality, the failures in the PT investigation will be known when this process will be finally concluded, it seems to me that have had, if true, that this guy was there, if is true, that this guy at the time was known as sexual predator in Germany, and notice that Germany was vinculated, German was one of the first European countries creating that database of DNA profiles, today, if it was today, it would be much easier to pick the samples that we hope that exists, then subdivide that from that first moments of the investigation, that did not happened too well, if those samples crossed with the DNA profile that exists in that database in German, and where includes the author of the crime, that will be a gigantic step in the investigation, we are now in that moment that always characterized the investigation, but were the samples or not analyzed, it seems that in Germany says that they were not, then they were, PT says that they were, the problem is the usual.

F: have you been in contact with the couple McCann. How did they react this case, are they convinced that their is eventually dead.

RA: no, it was never told to them, directly or personally or through the UK police, the German prosecutor never sent a letter about it, so, I confess that it seems to me a bit strange, it seems to have something about the conviction about that guy, which, could be obviously concluded through the investigation, the conviction that Madeleine is dead, and the lack enough evidences to accuse. Obviously it is a shock that a prosecutor to say such thingh, now, what everyone wishes, is that the investigation reaches an end, through DNA, if it exists a DNA profile that is or not compatible with what exists in Germany and to reach a conclusion that was not only information, with poorly evidence.

https://www.rtp.pt/play/p6596/e479265/s ... Rk769cnr1I

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks Pedro

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:24 am

Pedro wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:00 am
Mr. Rogerio Alves answered the questions of Felgueiras:

F: with me tonight is Rogerio Alves, former laywer of the McCanns, still friend of the couple, we have talked too much about this case for 13 years, Mr. doctor, about these evidencies which we present tonight, does it make any sense that never existed crossing of data between the justices of the different European countries where this man appeared and now we know now that even in Portugal he confessed sexual abuses in the past, and that he was never being investigate as a guy and only occasionally being judged by disobedience, theft and never understood that he was a sexual predator presented in that time in a place of a crime.

RA: good evening, well, about what seems to be a failure in the investigation, I should tell you to be completely honest, it does not seem so much about the responsability for the court about the material of the crime of theft, because he did mentioned a vague reference, not documented, and eventually false, but did not created curiosity for the court, which the court understood that for being judged that concrete case, it was not needed to investigate about his criminal background.

F: and nobody in the court asked his criminal record being in cause

RA: in the begininng, no, in this matter, today is a bit different, not so, lets imagine that the biggest criminal of the world comes to Portugal in holidays and suddenly he has an altercation at the door of a discotheque, which is accused of offence of physical integrity, well, he will be eventually judged for that issue, a summary process created in the next day, with all tranquility, but, then we think, my God, we had here this guy in our presence, what have changed, in certain cases, what seems to me, it failed, honestly, since the abduction of Madeleine, eventually followed of homicide, lets hope not, but since that fact, it is looking of a kidnapper or sexual predator, apart from the time lost with fantasies, with that fantasy, famous in Portugal, of the thesis that tried to justify the injustify, so, besides that fantasy, which involved a fairytale, as I usually say, that there were dogs involved, the truth is that what should been looked, someone with characteristics of kidnapper and or sexual predator, that was in some way in that territory

F: since 2007, no database existed

RA: that sexual abuser or criminal record was not recorded in PT, the main database

F: the PJ could looked if at Praia da Luz existed sexual predators, and they were there

RA: it is true, now, we do not know if it was him or not. what we know is that are many segments, many indicators that pointed in that possible scenario, we cannot now create a second story with also no proof, that seems to have proof in the way that there are many indicators that points for the possibilty of being

F: the German prosecutor told what he did firmly in the interview he gave me, that she is dead, that have concrete evidencies, that cannot tell for not to jeopardise what he gathered, would he say that if he had not sure

RA: as far as I know, about what is the German system, of course not, what do we understand these are two things that should be analyzed separately, sometimes the declarations of the German prosecutor, with all do respect, seems to be a sort of an heart exam. or either goes up or down, a bit unpredictable, in first place, it seems to have a contrast, much difficult of understanding, between being sure that the author or close of being certain that the author was that, to be certain that Madeleine is dead, and not have enough proof to accuse, this seems to me a thing difficult of being compatible, that is what he assumes, but, for me, it is difficult of being compatible, I m not convinced, one thing is reality, another is the transmission of reality, the failures in the PT investigation will be known when this process will be finally concluded, it seems to me that have had, if true, that this guy was there, if is true, that this guy at the time was known as sexual predator in Germany, and notice that Germany was vinculated, German was one of the first European countries creating that database of DNA profiles, today, if it was today, it would be much easier to pick the samples that we hope that exists, then subdivide that from that first moments of the investigation, that did not happened too well, if those samples crossed with the DNA profile that exists in that database in German, and where includes the author of the crime, that will be a gigantic step in the investigation, we are now in that moment that always characterized the investigation, but were the samples or not analyzed, it seems that in Germany says that they were not, then they were, PT says that they were, the problem is the usual.

F: have you been in contact with the couple McCann. How did they react this case, are they convinced that their is eventually dead.

RA: no, it was never told to them, directly or personally or through the UK police, the German prosecutor never sent a letter about it, so, I confess that it seems to me a bit strange, it seems to have something about the conviction about that guy, which, could be obviously concluded through the investigation, the conviction that Madeleine is dead, and the lack enough evidences to accuse. Obviously it is a shock that a prosecutor to say such thingh, now, what everyone wishes, is that the investigation reaches an end, through DNA, if it exists a DNA profile that is or not compatible with what exists in Germany and to reach a conclusion that was not only information, with poorly evidence.

https://www.rtp.pt/play/p6596/e479265/s ... Rk769cnr1I
Bit strange are not the words I would use.

sal

Post by sal » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:59 am

jjbd wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:16 am
Verdi

I'm rather hoping this wave of nonsense will very soon be overtaken by a COVID-19 spike or mutation to fill the headlines
You know where that is from.
she's a nasty piece of work, fits in well at haverns.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:14 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... =hvper.com
In Germany it is suspected either that the proof of Madeleine’s death may not be admissible in court because of how it was obtained, or that police are deliberately holding back information that could only be known to the perpetrator in order not to jeopardise the investigation.
:s_sad

sal

Post by sal » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:27 am

:s_thumbsup HB
Dr John Synnott, a senior lecturer in investigative and forensic psychology at the University of Huddersfield, published a study in 2017 of the behaviour of online trolls who maintain that Kate and Gerry McCann were responsible for their daughter’s disappearance, against all evidence to the contrary. Three years later, he says the behaviour of his subjects remains the same.

One thread on a popular messageboard, whose members accuse the McCanns, has drawn almost 1,000 posts in the past fortnight, while the #mccann hashtag on Twitter has become a torrent of speculation and abuse.

The trolls jump on any new information and find their own angle. “It is hugely important to a lot of people’s identities,” Synnott said. “They see new information, but they find something in there that aligns with their existing critique, and they regurgitate it.”

Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in 2017
Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in 2017. Photograph: Joe Giddens/PA
If the trolls have reverted to type, so too have parts of the media, publishing anonymous second-hand source accounts of Brückner’s confession, suggestions that he “turned his friend into a p.a.e.dophile”, and speculation on his mental state from an expert who “once examined Adolf and Eva Hitler’s skulls”. One story focused on pictures of an apartment Brückner once lived in featuring a child’s cuddly horse – only to note in the caption that the pictures had been taken after he moved out and the flat was redecorated.
Like Synnott, Summers fears that for some it will never be enough. “There is a hardcore cadre who will never believe any resolution,” he said. “They will take this to the ‘we never landed on the moon’ level.”

Carana

Post by Carana » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:35 am

Christian Brueckner TOLD Portuguese authorities he was a sexual predator a YEAR before Madeleine McCann disappeared but detectives searching for three-year-old 'never considered him a potential kidnapper'

Christian Brueckner TOLD Portuguese authorities he was a sexual predator a YEAR before Madeleine McCann disappeared but detectives searching for three-year-old 'never considered him a potential kidnapper'

EXCLUSIVE: Suspect, 43, told a Portuguese judge he was a s-e-x offender in 2006
But it was not recorded by police and his name was not added to list of offenders
Revelation adds to growing evidence of incompetence of the initial investigation
The Met today hit back at claims they failed to pass letters to the McCann family
It comes as it emerges a friend of Brueckner was convicted of assaulting a girl
That led to suspicions the friend could have been influenced by the predator

By Nick Fagge In Praia Da Luz, Portugal, For Mailonline

Published: 18:46 BST, 19 June 2020 | Updated: 23:57 BST, 19 June 2020

Brueckner told a judge: ‘When I was 17 years old I was convicted in Germany for theft and sexual offences.’

The juvenile criminal fled to Portugal in 1996 shortly after his conviction for the sexual assault of a child in Germany.

But he was arrested in 2006 and later jailed for eight months stealing diesel from commercial trucks.

Details of his confession that he was a sexual predator have emerged in documents of his interview by criminal investigating Judge Antonieta Nascimento in the Portimao court house on 8th April 2006.

His name should have been added to a list held by the Portugal’s investigative Policia Judiciaria [PJ] who were tasked with finding Madeleine McCann just a year later.

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner admitted to Portuguese authorities that he was a sexual predator a year before she disappeared but detectives searching for the youngster never considered him a potential kidnapper.

Brueckner told an investigating judge that he had a criminal record in Germany and that he had committed s-e-x offences when he interrogated for stealing diesel from commercial trucks in the Algarve in 2006.

However the German’s confession that he was s-e-x offender was not recorded by police and his name was never added to a list of known s-e-x offenders living in the Algarve.

In May 2007 the PJ made a list of all foreign nationals who had been convicted of s-e-x crimes and the abuse of children that lived in the area around Praia da Luz.

Even though Brueckner confessed his sexual criminal past to the judge that interrogated this information was never passed on to the PJ.

The revelation, made today in the Portuguese media, adds to the growing evidence of the incompetence of the initial police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in May 2007.
(...)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eared.html
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

sal

Post by sal » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:46 pm

jjbd
:s_thumbsup

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:08 pm

I hope they haven't destroyed evidence in relation to Madeleine.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Carana

Post by Carana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am

Ex-inspector says van image of suspect in kidnapping Maddie has been altered
Gonçalo Amaral says that there are differences between the images of the van taken in Portugal and those released

Gonçalo Amaral says there are differences between the images of the van taken in Portugal and those released by the German police

Photo: Metropolitan Police

Marisa Rodrigues
Today at 00:51

Former coordinator of the Judicial Police (PJ) of Portimão, Gonçalo Amaral, who led the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, insinuated that the German authorities tampered with the photograph of the van that belonged to the new suspect, Christian Brueckner.

In an interview with Jornali das 8 on TVI, Sunday night, Amaral showed a photograph of the vehicle personalized with dolls drawn in black and that does not correspond to the images that were released by the German police.

The former coordinator assured that he is sure that the vehicle "is the same" and that the photograph "was taken last year" in the Algarve, without specifically saying where, before he was taken to Germany where he was the target of surveys . "It is the vehicle that the suspect, they say, had at the time, and that is totally different from what they have shown us," he accused.

Brueckner just isn't the perfect suspect because he's alive

Regarding Christian Brueckner, he considers that "he is the almost perfect suspect" and that "he only needs one thing to be perfect: to be dead", in a clear allusion to another man, who was also pointed out as the author of the abduction.

Euclides Monteiro, a former employee of the Ocean Club, from where Madeleine disappeared, in May 2007, began to be investigated in 2013 because telephone records showed that he had been close to the McCanns' apartment. But the man had died in 2009, in a tractor accident.

Regarding the new suspect, Christian Brueckner, a pedophile serving a sentence in Germany, Amaral reiterated that "he is a scapegoat" and discredited the German police investigation, recalling that, in the investigation he conducted, "the abduction theory is the least evidence ".

"It doesn't matter who the pedophile is," but "a figure is needed that, due to the profile, the proximity, fits to take the blame", he accused.

Gonçalo Amaral insisted on parents' neglect

Gonçalo Amaral insisted on the "negligence of parents" and friends who "abandoned their children, lied to the police and continue to lie, because they did not reveal everything that happened that night" of May 3, 2007.

When asked whether Brueckner was investigated by the PJ, since the cell phone he was using was detected in the vicinity of the Ocean Club on the night of the disappearance, he replied that he would have to "consult the file" to be able to respond, stating that, at that time, it was not known that he had already been convicted in Germany for sexual crimes, nor that he had raped an elderly woman, in Praia da Luz, in 2005. This situation was only discovered in 2018.

https://www.jn.pt/justica/ex-inspetor-d ... 37119.html

How on earth could he not have known?
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

sal

Post by sal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:08 am

van image - textusa blog

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:29 am

I suspect those without a subscription to The Telegraph won't be able to read that article, Sal:

Michael Tatschl on Christian Brückner (above): He was my best friend and he was definitely a pervert and more than capable of snatching a child, for sexual kicks or money Credit: Facebook
The former best friend of the man suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann says he is sure that the German p.a.e.dophile took the young girl.
In an extraordinary interview with the Telegraph, Michael Tatschl, an Austrian drifter who lived with Christian Brückner in Portugal said he has sat down with police and told them all about his “sick” and “perverted” friend, who used to brag about his criminal exploits.
Now, he has urged Brückner to “admit it to the police and close it for good”.
With striking neck tattoos, a close cropped haircut and a large piercing on his left nipple, Tatschl spent years travelling across Europe living in camper vans.
Speaking from his home outside Graz, Austria, where he has finally settled, the 46-year-old is adamant.
"I know he did it,” he claims.
“I was living with him at the time. He was my best friend and he was definitely a pervert and more than capable of snatching a child, for sexual kicks or money.
"I was sure it was him the minute the police came to find me in Austria.
"They were very clear with me from the first minute. They said 'we are investigating Maddie McCann and Christian Brückner’ and I told them I knew it already. I was convinced it was him.”

Speaking for the first time about his old friend, Tatschl described how he became involved with Brückner in Portugal in the early 2000s.
The pair lived together, drank together and ultimately committed crimes together.
"I was staying at his house and camping in a van in the garden. We spent a lot of time together and had good fun.
"But he was definitely quite a strange character.
“He was always quite criminal. He liked to brag about the crimes he had done and planned to do, and how he aimed to steal as much money as he could until he reached his dream of having €1 million. Then he would stop.
"It was rich pickings there in Praia da Luz. He was always breaking into apartments in the area and bragging about it to me,” Tatschl claimed.
“He was a very good burglar and would easily climb up to first floor apartments when tourists were out.
"He would climb up to the first floor and steal everything, lots of money, valuables and so many passports. In fact hundreds of passports and lots of watches. Rolexes and other expensive watches.
"He had a hiding place in the house in the rafters in the roof. He had all the money and passports hidden up there," Tatschl claimed.

The property in question is a farmhouse just outside Praia da Luz which Brückner rented from a British man. Neighbours said he used to race down the dusty gravel track in his Jaguar and have heated shouting matches with a string of girlfriends. Tatschl said Brückner was in a relationship with a German woman 20 years his senior at the time.
It is also where a camcorder was discovered that allegedly had footage of Brückner raping a 72-year-old tourist at a luxury villa in 2005. The video was destroyed, but the testimony of the two men who saw it helped convict Bruckner of the crime last year.
“That’s how I found out he was a sick b******.
“It was of this elderly lady who was chained to a wooden post and she was being beaten and raped.

“But I admit I got sucked into some of his schemes,” said Tatschl.
"Taking fuel seemed pretty harmless and we did it for a few months.
"The cops caught us red handed, caught us stealing diesel and we got eight-and-a-half months in prison on remand waiting for a trial in Portimao.
"It's just a small prison, so we got to spend a lot of time together.”
In 2006, while the pair were in jail, the farmhouse was robbed, and the money, valuables and camcorder was taken.
The father-of-one says he “cannot believe” that Portuguese detectives have not yet searched the former home they shared.
When the pair were released from prison, Brückner moved into the distinctive white and yellow VW Westfalia campervan, while Tatschl said he left Portugal for Orgiva, Spain.

Five months later, Madeleine disappeared.
"He had lost the house but he was still enjoying living in the area. I think that confused the police a little as they were not sure where he was living exactly when Maddie vanished,” said Tatschl.
"The next time I saw him was in late May or early June 2007 and he arrived in Spain with his big American campervan, the Winnebago, the one with the swimsuits.
"He parked it up in Orgiva and came looking for me. It was the only reason he had come to Orgiva to find me. He knew that I was living there and he knew I had connections to the marijuana world and could help him make money.
"We all wondered where he’d got the money from.
"I remember specifically having a conversation with an English guy who lived there and we both said how on earth could have had that vehicle?
“We assumed a big drug deal or something like that. Now I suspect it was Maddie.

Brückner has a string of convictions, ranging from molesting a six-year-old girl in a playground when he was just a teenager, to raping a 72-year-old American woman in a horrific attack in Praia da Luz more than a decade later.
Now, he has been identified as the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. German authorities say they have evidence that she is dead, and that Brückner “did the deed” but they do not have enough evidence to charge him.
"He was definitely a pervert and all his friends thought that about him. He had some sexual issues but we didn’t think that he liked young children,” Tatschl said.
"Christian was always on the dark web. He would talk about it and he always had internet in the houses he rented.

Brückner has a string of convictions, ranging from molesting a six-year-old girl in a playground when he was just a teenager, to raping a 72-year-old American woman in a horrific attack in Praia da Luz more than a decade later.
Now, he has been identified as the prime suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. German authorities say they have evidence that she is dead, and that Brückner “did the deed” but they do not have enough evidence to charge him.
"He was definitely a pervert and all his friends thought that about him. He had some sexual issues but we didn’t think that he liked young children,” Tatschl said.
"Christian was always on the dark web. He would talk about it and he always had internet in the houses he rented.

"I don’t know exactly what he did but I suspect it involved drugs and pornography.
"He was always bragging about money and making money. He even talked about selling kids maybe to Morocco.
"I didn't really think about it at the time. Just brushed it off as joking.”
Things changed when he watched an eight-part series on the McCann case in March last year.
"When I saw the Netflix documentary I knew immediately that he was guilty.
"The part where the female tourist talked about the man turning up at her door while her child played by the front door, the creepy guy with acne and blonde hair. I just knew it was Christian for sure.”
Days later, police arrived at Tatschl’s front door.
“I had two Austrian police and two German Police turn up at my house. I was then taken to the police station where I told them my story over 14 hours.
"It was the first week of April last year and they had me in the police station from 10am to 6pm on the first day and then from 10 am until 4pm the next day.
"They were very clear with me from the first minute. They said 'we are investigating Maddie McCann and Christian Brückner’ and I told them I knew it already. I was convinced it was him. I told them ‘I know what you want. I hope I can help.’”
"I really hope they can finally close this case for the family and find Christian guilty for what he has done. He needs to admit it to the police and close it for good.”
Last week, lawyers defending Brückner said their client “denies any involvement” in the McCann case.
Last edited by honestbroker1 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

sal

Post by sal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:43 am

:s_thumbsup hb