German prisoner identified as suspect

Post Reply
Pedro
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Pedro » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:50 am

hb
:s_thumbsup

scoobydoo
Posts: 2264
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by scoobydoo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am

Amarals just panicking because if it turns out this guy is guilty amaral is going to be blamed for failing to capture him after Joanna disappeared. And that's if he's lucky. Chances are it's going to be looked into whether he knew and turned a blind eye.

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:02 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am
Amarals just panicking because if it turns out this guy is guilty amaral is going to be blamed for failing to capture him after Joanna disappeared. And that's if he's lucky. Chances are it's going to be looked into whether he knew and turned a blind eye.
That should be only part of what he is blamed for Scooby. The most major part, I readily grant.

But what about writing a book accusing the McCanns of killing Madeleine with calpol, hiding Madeleine's body and launching a fraudulent fund in their dead daughter's name?

Astonishingly deemed, by Portugual's most senior civil court, something other than libellous?

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48 am

Perhaps the pp could explain why Amaral is in possession of these photos.

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm

textusa blog
Sandra Felgueiras: With me tonight is Rogério Alves, former lawyer of the McCann couple, still a friend of the couple. We have already talked a lot about this case ...

Rogério Alves: It's true.

SF:… over the past 13 years, Dr, in view of all the evidence that we have presented tonight, it makes sense, or did it make sense, that there had never been any cross-checking between the, the justice of the different European countries where this man passed and we now got to know that even in Portugal he came to confess to sexual abuses that he had in the past, that he had never been investigated as a single individual, and that he had only been punctually tried for disobedience, for theft and that never had been the realization that he was a sexual predator who was at that time at the crime scene?

RA: Good evening, effectively there is here what appears to be a failure of investigation, I must say Sandra to be completely fair, that it does not seem so much responsibility attributable to the court that judged him for the theft, because he made a vague, undocumented reference and eventually even false. Now it turns out that it would not be false, but it did not arouse much curiosity from the court, because the court will have understood that in order to judge that concrete case it was not necessary to inquire about the criminal background of the person in question...

SF: Nor should a court ask for a record when the individual's behaviour is at stake?

RA: Not in principle, not in principle ... We have to be fair on this subject.

SF: Not even today is it the practice of a (imperceptible) court...?

RA: Today is a little bit different. Let's see, not so much… let's imagine that we have here the biggest criminal in the world, who comes to Portugal for holidays and who suddenly has an altercation outside a disco and is accused or indicted for the offense to simple physical integrity. Well, he will eventually be judged for that matter, maybe even in a summary process, the next day, with complete peace of mind and then we are left to think… my God, we had this man here in our hand and he’s gone…

SF: Isn’t it Interpol to check if someone is wanted...

RA: Now, what, what has changed ...?

SF: …by the authorities?

RA: Ok, it can be in certain cases. That is to say… what seems to me that what has failed here, sincerely, is that since Madeleine’s abduction - it is increasingly clear that it was an abduction, eventually followed by murder, we hope not - but since that fact it’s been looking for an abductor, a sexual predator, taking out the time which has been wasted with fantasies ... with that famous fantasy in Portugal of that thesis that sought to justify the unjustifiable on the grounds ...

SF: Gonçalo Amaral's thesis.

RA: Exactly. So, in addition to this fantasy, let's say it was a legend that also involved a fable, as I usually say, that even dogs were involved in the noise, the truth is that one should have looked for someone with the characteristics of an abductor and a s-e-x offender who had somehow been in the territory ...

SF: But in 2007 there was no database that would allow us to place the…

RA: That is the problem...

SF: …a sexual record.

RA: It's true ...

SF: But look, we look at this now...

RA: The sexual record was not even regulated in Portugal, the DNA database itself had not been legislated…

SF: So there was no list of suspects that the PJ could go looking for... let's now see if there are sexual predators in Praia da Luz and he was there ...

RA: It's true, it's true, it's true ... now it's easier...

SF: Whether it was him or not, he was there...

RA: Whether it was him or not, of course. We don't know if it was him or not, what we do know is that there are many vectors, many segments, many indicators, many markers that point in that possible direction. We cannot now create a second story without grounds, no! This one seems to have a basis in the sense that there are several segments that point to the possibility of having been him.

SF: The German himself would say what he said with this firmness in the interview he gave me, that she is dead and has concrete evidence, that he cannot disclose which ones under the risk of jeopardizing what he has already collected and of Brueckner getting to know as much as the investigation… would he say this if he weren't absolutely sure?

RA: As far as I know of what the German system is, obviously not. What we do understand...

SF: So you are also convinced that she is dead?

RA: Ok, but let's see, these are two separate things that must also be analysed differently. Sometimes, the German prosecutor's statements, with all due respect, seem like a kind of electrocardiogram, (imperceptible) up and down in a somewhat unpredictable way. In the first place, there seems to be a contrast very difficult to understand between being sure that the author, or at least being very close to the certainty that the author was that one, having a deep conviction that Madeleine is dead and not having enough to accuse. And this seems to me a difficult thing to compatibilize, that is ...

SF: But that's what he assumes ...

RA: That's what he assumes! But for me it seems difficult to compatibilize…

SF: Doesn't it convince you?

RA: No, it doesn't convince me, that is, one thing is reality, another thing is the transmission of reality, another thing is the apprehension of reality ...

SF: But do you detect flaws in Portuguese investigation, or is that what you started by saying...?

RA: The flaws in Portuguese investigation will be known when this process finally comes to an end with a conclusion and we can make that history. Now, there seems to have been, there seems to have been, if it is true that this individual was there, if it is true that this individual at the time would already have been referred to as a s-e-x offender, s-e-x aggressor in Germany, and notice that curiously, Germany was already bound, because Germany was one of the first countries to bind, together with a small group of other countries in a deci… in a treaty that later came to be incorporated in the European norms that today also bind Portugal, to make such a DNA profile database, let's , let's simplify… Today, if it were today, it would be easier to go to the database there, as Dr. Duarte Vieira said earlier, to take samples that we hope to have survived from those first moments of the investigation where things did not go well…

SF: Those survived.

RA: Those survived. If those match with the DNA profile database that exists in Germany in which the author of the crime is included, then we will have here a giant step in the investigation. Now we are again in that hesitation that has always characterized this process: but have the samples gone? It seems that in Germany it is said that they were not, from Portugal it is said that they were, that is, the…

SF: The usual.

RA: Exactly, the usual.

SF: Dr...

RA: A bad habit, a bad habit ...

SF: ... have you spoken to the McCanns? To finish, we are at the end of our time, how is it that Kate and Gerry McCann have digested this case? Are they more convinced that their daughter eventually is actually dead?

RA: No. This, because ...

SF: Even after the prosecutor repeated that he is convinced of this…

RA: Precisely because it was never communicated to them directly and personally ...

SF: They have never received a letter...?

RA: No. There was actually a communication made through the English police, which does not result in this content. Now, this is said publicly! The German prosecutor has said more than once ...

SF: But the German prosecutor never sent them a letter saying she is dead.

RA: No. No. Never did. And therefore, I confess that it also seems to me a little strange, although I have to accept the methodologies of the German prosecutor who has said what believes to be more appropriate, the truth is that there seems to be a certain asymmetry here, as I mentioned earlier, between the conviction of that individual's guilt, which can obviously be concluded from the investigation, the deep conviction that Madeleine will be dead and the lack of sufficient clues to accuse ...

SF: Those, the McCanns are not convinced and they feel ...

RA: Look, the McCanns are two people ...

SF: …concerned about that…

RA: It is necessary for people to realize that they are two ordinary people who have suffered for 13 years with, not only the abduction of their daughter and the ignorance, anguish and uncertainty of what could have happened. Evidently, it is a shock a prosecutor – who is not just anybody - to state this in such a peremptory manner. Now, what, as everyone else would, I believe, what they want is for the end of the investigation to be reached, to carry out the analysis by confronting the DNA profile, to conclude if there is a DNA profile, yes or no, that is compatible one that exists in Germany and that a conclusion is reached that is not just information a little unsupported.

SF: A full stop be put. Rogério Alves, thank you so much for being with us tonight.

RA: Thank you, good night.

*****

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31705
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:59 pm

sal wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48 am
Perhaps the pp could explain why Amaral is in possession of these photos.
Definitely!
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31705
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:00 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am
Amarals just panicking because if it turns out this guy is guilty amaral is going to be blamed for failing to capture him after Joanna disappeared. And that's if he's lucky. Chances are it's going to be looked into whether he knew and turned a blind eye.
Arse covering! No way do the Portuguese police want this case seriously picked over.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31705
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:01 pm

sal wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm
textusa blog
Sandra Felgueiras: With me tonight is Rogério Alves, former lawyer of the McCann couple, still a friend of the couple. We have already talked a lot about this case ...

Rogério Alves: It's true.

SF:… over the past 13 years, Dr, in view of all the evidence that we have presented tonight, it makes sense, or did it make sense, that there had never been any cross-checking between the, the justice of the different European countries where this man passed and we now got to know that even in Portugal he came to confess to sexual abuses that he had in the past, that he had never been investigated as a single individual, and that he had only been punctually tried for disobedience, for theft and that never had been the realization that he was a sexual predator who was at that time at the crime scene?

RA: Good evening, effectively there is here what appears to be a failure of investigation, I must say Sandra to be completely fair, that it does not seem so much responsibility attributable to the court that judged him for the theft, because he made a vague, undocumented reference and eventually even false. Now it turns out that it would not be false, but it did not arouse much curiosity from the court, because the court will have understood that in order to judge that concrete case it was not necessary to inquire about the criminal background of the person in question...

SF: Nor should a court ask for a record when the individual's behaviour is at stake?

RA: Not in principle, not in principle ... We have to be fair on this subject.

SF: Not even today is it the practice of a (imperceptible) court...?

RA: Today is a little bit different. Let's see, not so much… let's imagine that we have here the biggest criminal in the world, who comes to Portugal for holidays and who suddenly has an altercation outside a disco and is accused or indicted for the offense to simple physical integrity. Well, he will eventually be judged for that matter, maybe even in a summary process, the next day, with complete peace of mind and then we are left to think… my God, we had this man here in our hand and he’s gone…

SF: Isn’t it Interpol to check if someone is wanted...

RA: Now, what, what has changed ...?

SF: …by the authorities?

RA: Ok, it can be in certain cases. That is to say… what seems to me that what has failed here, sincerely, is that since Madeleine’s abduction - it is increasingly clear that it was an abduction, eventually followed by murder, we hope not - but since that fact it’s been looking for an abductor, a sexual predator, taking out the time which has been wasted with fantasies ... with that famous fantasy in Portugal of that thesis that sought to justify the unjustifiable on the grounds ...

SF: Gonçalo Amaral's thesis.

RA: Exactly. So, in addition to this fantasy, let's say it was a legend that also involved a fable, as I usually say, that even dogs were involved in the noise, the truth is that one should have looked for someone with the characteristics of an abductor and a s-e-x offender who had somehow been in the territory ...

SF: But in 2007 there was no database that would allow us to place the…

RA: That is the problem...

SF: …a sexual record.

RA: It's true ...

SF: But look, we look at this now...

RA: The sexual record was not even regulated in Portugal, the DNA database itself had not been legislated…

SF: So there was no list of suspects that the PJ could go looking for... let's now see if there are sexual predators in Praia da Luz and he was there ...

RA: It's true, it's true, it's true ... now it's easier...

SF: Whether it was him or not, he was there...

RA: Whether it was him or not, of course. We don't know if it was him or not, what we do know is that there are many vectors, many segments, many indicators, many markers that point in that possible direction. We cannot now create a second story without grounds, no! This one seems to have a basis in the sense that there are several segments that point to the possibility of having been him.

SF: The German himself would say what he said with this firmness in the interview he gave me, that she is dead and has concrete evidence, that he cannot disclose which ones under the risk of jeopardizing what he has already collected and of Brueckner getting to know as much as the investigation… would he say this if he weren't absolutely sure?

RA: As far as I know of what the German system is, obviously not. What we do understand...

SF: So you are also convinced that she is dead?

RA: Ok, but let's see, these are two separate things that must also be analysed differently. Sometimes, the German prosecutor's statements, with all due respect, seem like a kind of electrocardiogram, (imperceptible) up and down in a somewhat unpredictable way. In the first place, there seems to be a contrast very difficult to understand between being sure that the author, or at least being very close to the certainty that the author was that one, having a deep conviction that Madeleine is dead and not having enough to accuse. And this seems to me a difficult thing to compatibilize, that is ...

SF: But that's what he assumes ...

RA: That's what he assumes! But for me it seems difficult to compatibilize…

SF: Doesn't it convince you?

RA: No, it doesn't convince me, that is, one thing is reality, another thing is the transmission of reality, another thing is the apprehension of reality ...

SF: But do you detect flaws in Portuguese investigation, or is that what you started by saying...?

RA: The flaws in Portuguese investigation will be known when this process finally comes to an end with a conclusion and we can make that history. Now, there seems to have been, there seems to have been, if it is true that this individual was there, if it is true that this individual at the time would already have been referred to as a s-e-x offender, s-e-x aggressor in Germany, and notice that curiously, Germany was already bound, because Germany was one of the first countries to bind, together with a small group of other countries in a deci… in a treaty that later came to be incorporated in the European norms that today also bind Portugal, to make such a DNA profile database, let's , let's simplify… Today, if it were today, it would be easier to go to the database there, as Dr. Duarte Vieira said earlier, to take samples that we hope to have survived from those first moments of the investigation where things did not go well…

SF: Those survived.

RA: Those survived. If those match with the DNA profile database that exists in Germany in which the author of the crime is included, then we will have here a giant step in the investigation. Now we are again in that hesitation that has always characterized this process: but have the samples gone? It seems that in Germany it is said that they were not, from Portugal it is said that they were, that is, the…

SF: The usual.

RA: Exactly, the usual.

SF: Dr...

RA: A bad habit, a bad habit ...

SF: ... have you spoken to the McCanns? To finish, we are at the end of our time, how is it that Kate and Gerry McCann have digested this case? Are they more convinced that their daughter eventually is actually dead?

RA: No. This, because ...

SF: Even after the prosecutor repeated that he is convinced of this…

RA: Precisely because it was never communicated to them directly and personally ...

SF: They have never received a letter...?

RA: No. There was actually a communication made through the English police, which does not result in this content. Now, this is said publicly! The German prosecutor has said more than once ...

SF: But the German prosecutor never sent them a letter saying she is dead.

RA: No. No. Never did. And therefore, I confess that it also seems to me a little strange, although I have to accept the methodologies of the German prosecutor who has said what believes to be more appropriate, the truth is that there seems to be a certain asymmetry here, as I mentioned earlier, between the conviction of that individual's guilt, which can obviously be concluded from the investigation, the deep conviction that Madeleine will be dead and the lack of sufficient clues to accuse ...

SF: Those, the McCanns are not convinced and they feel ...

RA: Look, the McCanns are two people ...

SF: …concerned about that…

RA: It is necessary for people to realize that they are two ordinary people who have suffered for 13 years with, not only the abduction of their daughter and the ignorance, anguish and uncertainty of what could have happened. Evidently, it is a shock a prosecutor – who is not just anybody - to state this in such a peremptory manner. Now, what, as everyone else would, I believe, what they want is for the end of the investigation to be reached, to carry out the analysis by confronting the DNA profile, to conclude if there is a DNA profile, yes or no, that is compatible one that exists in Germany and that a conclusion is reached that is not just information a little unsupported.

SF: A full stop be put. Rogério Alves, thank you so much for being with us tonight.

RA: Thank you, good night.

*****
Thanks Sal.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31705
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by catkins » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Carana wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am
Ex-inspector says van image of suspect in kidnapping Maddie has been altered
Gonçalo Amaral says that there are differences between the images of the van taken in Portugal and those released

Gonçalo Amaral says there are differences between the images of the van taken in Portugal and those released by the German police

Photo: Metropolitan Police

Marisa Rodrigues
Today at 00:51


Former coordinator of the Judicial Police (PJ) of Portimão, Gonçalo Amaral, who led the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, insinuated that the German authorities tampered with the photograph of the van that belonged to the new suspect, Christian Brueckner.

In an interview with Jornali das 8 on TVI, Sunday night, Amaral showed a photograph of the vehicle personalized with dolls drawn in black and that does not correspond to the images that were released by the German police.

The former coordinator assured that he is sure that the vehicle "is the same" and that the photograph "was taken last year" in the Algarve, without specifically saying where, before he was taken to Germany where he was the target of surveys . "It is the vehicle that the suspect, they say, had at the time, and that is totally different from what they have shown us," he accused.

Brueckner just isn't the perfect suspect because he's alive

Regarding Christian Brueckner, he considers that "he is the almost perfect suspect" and that "he only needs one thing to be perfect: to be dead", in a clear allusion to another man, who was also pointed out as the author of the abduction.

Euclides Monteiro, a former employee of the Ocean Club, from where Madeleine disappeared, in May 2007, began to be investigated in 2013 because telephone records showed that he had been close to the McCanns' apartment. But the man had died in 2009, in a tractor accident.

Regarding the new suspect, Christian Brueckner, a pedophile serving a sentence in Germany, Amaral reiterated that "he is a scapegoat" and discredited the German police investigation, recalling that, in the investigation he conducted, "the abduction theory is the least evidence ".

"It doesn't matter who the pedophile is," but "a figure is needed that, due to the profile, the proximity, fits to take the blame", he accused.

Gonçalo Amaral insisted on parents' neglect

Gonçalo Amaral insisted on the "negligence of parents" and friends who "abandoned their children, lied to the police and continue to lie, because they did not reveal everything that happened that night" of May 3, 2007.

When asked whether Brueckner was investigated by the PJ, since the cell phone he was using was detected in the vicinity of the Ocean Club on the night of the disappearance, he replied that he would have to "consult the file" to be able to respond, stating that, at that time, it was not known that he had already been convicted in Germany for sexual crimes, nor that he had raped an elderly woman, in Praia da Luz, in 2005. This situation was only discovered in 2018.

https://www.jn.pt/justica/ex-inspetor-d ... 37119.html

How on earth could he not have known?
Have to ‘consult the file’ my arse!....
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:34 pm

textusa blog
Gonçalo Amaral - Jornal das 8, TVI - June 21 2020 20:00 (Part I)


Our translation:

José Alberto Carvalho: I now have in the “Jornal das 8”, the former inspector of the PJ, Gonçalo Amaral, the man who led the initial investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. He has not yet commented on the line of investigation launched in recent weeks by the German police. Very good evening, Gonçalo Amaral...

Gonçalo Amaral: Good evening.

JAC: …thank you for being here, there are…

GA: I thank you for the opportunity to come here.

JAC: There is… let me to start before, before anything else to try and understand this: more than… about a year ago, just over a year ago, in… an itself unusual interview with an Australian podcast of a television station, Gonçalo Amaral, hmm, predicted, anticipated that soon it would likely be presented, or incriminated a German p.a.e.dophile serving a sentence in Germany, who was in prison and who pointed as the main suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Hmmm, saying, adding that this, in your opinion, he was a scapegoat. My first question is: when you said this a year ago, were you referring to Christian Brueckner, this suspect that we now all know has this name?

GA: When I said this a year ago, I was referring to what was going to happen now. It doesn't matter who the p.a.e.dophile is ... what we've been watching over the years is that p.a.e.d.o.philes are appearing. It is necessary to have a character who, from his profile, the proximity that fits him to take the blame, so to speak, and in fact this was going to happen, not least because of the movement that happened in that area, a vehicle that had already been German, the Germans involved, so this time he was going to be a German suspect.

JAC: So you didn't know exactly that it was Christian Brueckner?



GA: Ah, those are questions (laughs) that no, it is not worth it if it is A, B or C so, if this one doesn't work, another one will appear ...

JAC: This one has several characteristics due to what we have been hearing for the past few weeks and that I would like to hear you…

GA: Yes, they are characteristics that this one is almost ... is almost a perfect suspect ...

JAC: Hmmm, hmmm

GA: He only needs one thing to be perfect, right? It's being dead. And I can explain this to you later, but this has been happening over the years. It gets a little tiresome because the theory of abduction is the one with the least, shall we say, the least existing evidence, that will exist, there is one clue on that someone saw the child on the arms of a man who was coming down from… a certain street, who are an Irish family who is most credible testimony of… that the girl was… on that night she was on his arms…

JAC: Transported...

GA: Transported...

JAC: Because there is a...

GA:… around 10 pm and what these people say is what the whole world knows, that who… was later, who could… came to that conclusion that the person who was transporting that child was the person who was coming down from, from a certain plane, on a certain date with a son in his arms in England, who was the father of the girl… Madeleine. So, they didn't say he was similar, they said 80 or almost 90% it was Maddie's father. By the way of walking, by the structure, and so on ...

JAC: Your, your conviction regarding this case, of course, I think, I can call it that ...

GA: They are not convictions... note, they are not conviction, that would mean 2 or 3 ...

JAC: Is it a certainty?

GA: No, they are not certainties. I just wanted to say 2 or 3 things ...

JAC: Just to position our viewers: Gonçalo Amaral published the book in which he explains that…

GA: Exactly.

JAC:… called “The truth of the lie”, that was also the subject of an intense legal dispute with the McCann family, in which…

GA: Always accompanied by visits from the Scotland Yard to make diligences in Portugal, because the process was ongoing. So every time there was a trial hearing, they were here ... to do diligences in Portugal.

JAC: But just to focus some spectators, especially the younger ones eventually, because it has been a long time, 13 years have passed since Maddie's disappearance, hum, Gonçalo Amaral was the chief, chief inspector of the delegation… of the directorate of Portimão...

GA: Coordinator of the investigation ...

JAC:… and coordinator of this investigation, the book you published defends the theory that, he defends the theory that the child vict…

GA: The book I published does not support a theory. That is a mistake that has been going around, not being a theory. The book that I published, I published for the reasons that I have explained over the years ...

JAC: I know.

GA: …so there is no need to repeat them…

JAC: But why don't you call it a theory? It's that it’s not proven...

GA: Sorry, it’s not a theory, it’s… it’s a task, it’s the report, it’s… call it what you want, or report or a state of play on work done during the first few months of the investigation, where we came to certain conclusions. Conclusions that at that stage are always provisional. The terminal investigation does not end… when we go in a certain direction in terms of the investigation

JAC: In fact, this investigation...

GA: The investigation needs…

JAC: …the investigation is not over, nor has it been completed!

GA: And there is no way that they will almost end it when they are not… are not taken certain diligences…

JAC: What I just wanted to…

GA: ... namely, while all those parents who were there, that they all abandoned their children ...

JAC: From the McCann group...

GA: Everyone, all of them for a week they abandoned ...

JAC: There were 8 families if I wasn’t deceived...

GA: 6… well… 6 adults, so 3 or 4 per family… 1, 2, 3… 6 in Tapas, another one…

JAC: 7.

GA: 7, so what I'm telling you is that they all left their children alone, the oldest was Madeleine McCann. And they all left their children to abandonment, and not in safety as they say. Because, you know, if they were in safety Madeleine wouldn’t have disappeared… And contrary to what is claimed and that was…

JAC: But Gonçalo Amaral let me just...

GA: Let me just finish, finish…

JAC: Let me just reposition this, because this is the theory of... theory, no ...it’s, it’s, it’s to point our attention to the possible carelessness or neglect of the parents and of that group of family members who were there ... but we have a problem and that is the disappearance of a child. There is a child who has disappeared, in fact and that is the problem that brings us here, is it not?

GA: And, and I can ask you, and ask who is watching us if ... if a child disappeared, their child, in these circumstances, one wishes not...

JAC: Yes ...

GA: Would you think, in the first minute, that your son or daughter had been abducted by a p.a.e.dophile network, for p.a.e.dophile reasons? Why p.a.e.d.o.philes? A child of this age, 3 years old, almost 4, if abducted by a p.a.e.dophile does not appear alive. Children who have been kidnapped by p.a.e.d.o.philes ... namely female, and have appeared alive, are closer to puberty, 9 years, 10 years and so on. We have the case of the Austrian citizen and other cases out there, so .. and it is ... they are people who know this. Why is it stated immediately, if he [sic] disappeared? She could even have left on her own foot, gone alone, there may be an abduction for revenge, for certain situations, a request for ransom, whatever ... but why on the first day of ...? Especially because Portugal, as the child's father said. Portugal was a country with a lot of p.a.e.d.o.philia, it even had a case here like the Casa Pia case.

JAC: Hmmm, hmmm

GA: That was said over the phone, heard by other people who were heard in the process.

JAC: Very well, Gonçalo Amaral, I propose that we move forward...

GA: Ok.

JAC: I, I would like to just… because we are of the understanding that it is necessary to have… due to the time that has passed on this process, that, although very briefly, we make a small framework of the case that has been dragging for 13 years as we know, and which constitutes, I can say, the most impactful criminal mystery in the history of Portugal because it is not closed and, moreover, as shown, in a renewed international interest that over the past few weeks has manifested itself in the face of developments by the German police and authorities.

*****

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Disgraced, discredited, exposed and STILL insisting the Smiths saw Gerry.

As MeloYellow on this forum once memorably put it: no one would any more produce an efit of someone they thought was Gerry than they would of someone they thought was the Queen.

The Queen, not quite as well known as Gerry, obviously.

But apart from that, an excellent analogy.

jjbd
Posts: 17556
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:08 am

How did Amaral Know that there were so many German pedos in the PDL area that could be used as scapegoats?

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:26 am

The son of the German scrap dealer who bought a VW camper van from the McCann suspect told how police turned up last year to take it away for forensic examination.

He said Brueckner would occasionally leave the van at their premises but in 2015 sold it to his father for £4,500.

Last year Portuguese police seized the vehicle.

The son, who did not want to be named, said: ‘Christian sold my dad the van around 2015 and we used it afterwards as our family vehicle.

‘It was a little rusty but had a good engine.

‘It was here till the police arrived one day. They took it away but didn’t say why. I found out about the Madeleine McCann connection through the papers.’

The 30-year-old, who lives at the property a short drive from the Algarve town of Silves, added: ‘We didn’t know Christian well. He just used to leave the van here from time to time because he knew we were always around and it was going to be safe with us. He never came here and started talking about his life or anything like that.
The paintings on the van could have been put on in the 4 years after CB sold the van, and the German pp showed the van in the original state when CB drove it?

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4363
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Whiterose » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:13 am

GA:… around 10 pm and what these people say is what the whole world knows, that who… was later, who could… came to that conclusion that the person who was transporting that child was the person who was coming down from, from a certain plane, on a certain date with a son in his arms in England, who was the father of the girl… Madeleine. So, they didn't say he was similar, they said 80 or almost 90% it was Maddie's father. By the way of walking, by the structure, and so on …

You liar Amaral, Smith said 60-80 % can't even get your facts right.

The man makes me sick.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4363
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Whiterose » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:16 am

Have you noticed how Amaral keeps bringing up that the friends left their children alone? Even though that had been dealt with he keeps bringing it up. It's almost as if he is saying 'look I messed up but they left their children alone, it's their fault someone took her'
He's covering his arse and he needs to, he let slip a p.a.e.dophile living near to 5a who was in the vicinity of the Ocean Club when Madeleine disappeared. :s_sad
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:29 am


User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:53 am

Asked why he thought the German authorities might have interest in coming up with new information which in his opinion had no real value, Amaral claimed: “Because it enables them to have jurisdiction over this case.
“I think the Portuguese police and the authorities can do anything here in laboratories that they can do in Germany.”
Unreal. Amaral presented the Portuguese laboratory with a brand new pair of girl's pyjamas, bought from Marks and Spensers, and expected the lab to do something with them.

The same man who proved, by his gibberish in his book, that he was clueless about the work of John Lowe and his team at the FSS in analysing the forensic results of the interior of the boot of the Scenic.
Last edited by honestbroker1 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4363
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by Whiterose » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:06 pm


Thanks sal :s_thumbsup Amaral is a very bitter man, he is so afraid they are going to solve the case, what a fool he is going to look and his book will be thrown in the bin.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Whiterose wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Thanks sal :s_thumbsup Amaral is a very bitter man, he is so afraid they are going to solve the case, what a fool he is going to look and his book will be thrown in the bin.
Asked if he believed Christian B was the man responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance, he added: “To answer that question it has to be proven first that an abduction took place.”
Let's see.

The Portuguese Prosecutors said the McCanns could not, reasonably, have foreseen an abduction of any of their children

PJ Inspector Joao Carlos placed Gerry at the Tapas table at the time of the Smith-sighting and Kate's alert

Operation Grange is treating Madeleine's abduction as if her abduction had occurred in the UK.

Almost all contrary assumptions rest on the 'work' of a corrupt and freelance English dog-handler.

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Other vehicles associated with Bruckner:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... s-22238240

(With thanks to Anthro at UKJustice)

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:02 pm

textusa blog
We would like to call to the attention that Sandra Felgueiras addresses Hans Christian Wolters in English – meaning what we publish is a transcription and not a translation – and that he replies in German. In the programme his replies are subtitled and it’s those that we have translated.


In English:

Sandra Felgueiras: The German police say Christian Brueckner was around here and that he made a suspicious phone call for half an hour, then immediately after he would have gone in through this window. But the PJ never detected not even a fingerprint, nor even evidence of burglary, so this lead was devalued, but it is now possible to try to make a compatibilization. At the time, in 2007, about 600 samples were collected. Samples were almost all irrelevant because it was not possible to detect any compatibility and besides they were collected after the tracking dogs entered the apartment. But in these samples there is one of saliva and one of blood, samples that may be decisive now for testing whether or not Brueckner was at the scene of the crime.





Duarte Nuno Vieira (Former President of the INML): If there is a suspect whose DNA has also been typed, it’s enough compare the results of the typing on this suspect, it is not necessary to repeat it in all those samples because the result of what is detected in the samples already exists.

SF: It’s only needed a DNA sample from this suspect...

DNV: It’s only needed a sample of any new suspects that exists to be compared.




SF to Hans Christian Wolters: Can I ask you if you have already requested those samples in order to see if there’s a match between Christian Brueckner and those samples?



Hans Christian Wolters [subtitled]: I only heard about it this morning and I can't comment at the moment because we don't want to present any data, that is, we don't want to say what we have already investigated or what we still intend to investigate. So I can't say anything.

SF (voice over): An exclusive interview with the German prosecutor investigating the Madeleine case, statements that "Sexta às 9" knows are being called into question by the PJ itself. Sources close to the Portuguese investigation guarantee that the German authorities have already received all the genetic profiles collected in the Madeleine case. It is certain that so far, the German evidence is not enough to accuse Brueckner of Madeleine’s homicide, which can only mean that they have not yet obtained a positive DNA comparison.

CW: [subtitled]: At the moment, our evidence is not enough to accuse or arrest him. Although we have strong evidence, it’s still not enough to accuse him.

SF: In order to have a conviction we need to have a body or we need a DNA sample, so I ask you do you want to make excavations here in Praia da Luz, where Christian Brueckner used to live?

CW [subtitled]: Of course, a body always facilitates the investigation because it is possible to prove without a doubt that someone has died, but I ask for your comprehension to the fact that I cannot say what we still want to investigate in Portugal. Or if we may have already investigated in the past in Portugal. Whether the results of the investigations provided by the Portuguese authorities are sufficient, or what the Portuguese authorities have given the English police. At the moment, I don't want to comment on that.

SF: Your conviction is that Madeleine is dead?

CW [subtitled]: Yes ... We have the conviction that Madeleine was killed.

SF: But that comes because of Christian Brueckner’s profile, by what you know about him?

CW [subtitled]: It has nothing to do with the profile; it is rather from these clues, from what we have been investigating. In the last two years we have collected a lot of evidence and it was from this knowledge, from this evidence, that we ended up concluding that the girl was killed. I still can't for now advance what evidence it is in concrete.

SF: Are you sure that the man that received the phone call at 7:30, close to Ocean Club was Christian B?



CW [subtitled]: We assume [literal translation: partimos do princípio/we depart from the principle] he used this mobile phone but we don't know who he spoke to. It would be very useful if we knew that, and it would help to develop the investigation.

SF: And you have any lead to know who was the other man or the other person that call him that evening?

CW [subtitled]: Until the last appeal we made, we had no indication of who it might be. But I cannot tell you if witnesses have appeared since the appeal. And at the moment I have no results in this regard.




Serafim Vieira (Brueckner’s lawyer in 2006): In my process, the numbers that I have are neither those two.

SF: Why haven’t you interrogated Christian Brueckner till now?

CW [subtitled]: The suspect’s interrogation in Germany happens usually at the end of the investigation and this has to do with the following... In the interrogation, we have to accuse the suspect of something. We have to tell him what we know to see how he reacts. And this only makes sense if we do not disclose to the public, nor to the media, nor to the suspect the concrete evidence we have.

SF: Do you believe that he could have committed this crime alone?

CW [subtitled]: I can't evaluate it. I have no concrete information about that.

SF: Which kind of crimes is Christian Brueckner suspect of concerning Madeleine McCann case?

CW [subtitled]: We are only investigating the suspicion of homicide.


*****

The original:

sal
Posts: 11224
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by sal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:06 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... just-year/

haverns...

New mugshot emerges of Madeleine McCann suspect from 2006 just a year before she disappeared

Police a have released an image of the suspect taken by them near to the time when the British toddler disappeared in Portugal in 2007

By Jamie Johnson in Praia da Luz and Izzy Lyons in Berlin 23 June 2020 • 2:45pm


Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. - Page 44 Ss-bru10
A passport picture (left) shows 16-year-old Christian Brueckner. The picture on the right shows a police mugshot of Brueckner age 29, in 1996 after he had tortured and raped a woman, 72, in Portugal Credit: David Rose

A new mugshot of the German p.a.e.dophile suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann, taken just a year before her disappearance, could jog the memory of people in the area at the time and lead to new information.

Christian Brückner was 29 when he was arrested for stealing fuel in the Algarve, and a picture of him from April 2006 has been uncovered in court documents from the time.

A former neighbour told The Telegraph that she recognised the German drifter, who was often spotted racing his Jaguar XJR up the dusty gravel track towards his secluded farmhouse just outside Praia da Luz.

“He always had greasy hair and scarring on his face from what I assume was acne,” she said, adding that “It might help people” remember him.

It is hoped that other people may recall the young man with floppy hair from around the Praia da Luz area in May 2007, when Madeleine disappeared.

In an interview with The Telegraph on Monday, Michael Tatschl, an Austrian man who described himself as Brückner's best friend from the time (pictured below) said: "When I saw the Netflix documentary I knew immediately that he was guilty.

"The part where the female tourist talked about the man turning up at her door while her child played by the front door, the creepy guy with acne and blonde hair. I just knew it was Christian for sure.”

Brückner was known to be a “snappy dresser” and often wore a leather jacket, and allegedly had an array of stolen watches.

Another image (below) that has been uncovered shows him as a teenager in 1996 having just been released from jail in Germany for molesting a six-year-old girl in a playground. He had much shorter close-cropped hair, and a more youthful face back then.


Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize

The latest McCann suspect: Scotland Yard has revealed vital new information about a suspect wanted in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. - Page 44 Telemm18

The new pictures came as Germany’s highest court, the Bundesgerichtshof, confirmed it would decide whether Brückner will be granted parole for a drugs offence he is currently imprisoned for in Kiel, northern Germany.

The ruling was expected from the local courts in Kiel and Braunschweig, where the 43-year-old last lived in Germany, after he finished two thirds of his sentence on June 6.

But both institutions ruled the case was outside of their jurisdiction, prompting an intervention from the country’s equivalent of the Supreme Court.

If the Bundesgerichtshof rules in Brückner's favour, he could be a free man by July 17 depending on a separate legal challenge currently before the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

Brückner is appealing his conviction of raping a 72-year-old American woman after an administrative error from the German police who extradited him from Portugal on a drugs charge but then put him on trial for rape.

The police blunder could result in the ECJ, which is expected to hand down its decision by mid-July, ordering a retrial or scrapping the conviction altogether.

On Tuesday, The Telegraph spoke to Rogério Alves, the lawyer who represented the McCann family in 2007, who once again hit out at the German prosecutors stance on the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

“The prosecutor is saying that he is really convinced that Madeleine is dead. He keeps saying that he has found Brückner to be suspicious and they believe that he is responsible.

“At the same time, he is arguing that there is not enough evidence to charge him, so sometimes we get a little bit confused. “But what we have to do is wait for the police to do their job and the investigation, that’s all. We cannot keep speculating about it.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... just-year/

User avatar
honestbroker1
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 pm

It's looking decidedly grim

:s_sad

jjbd
Posts: 17556
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by jjbd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 pm

http://textusa.blogspot.com/

If the photos of the van shown by amaral are really what it looked like at the time - it would throw up major questions about the guys intentions with a van like that.

scoobydoo
Posts: 2264
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 am

Re: German prisoner identified as suspect

Post by scoobydoo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:09 pm

I always find it shocking that amarel has no understanding of the DNA results. The deviant lot on those conspiracy hate sites at least mist of them gave the excuse of being thick misfits, and obviously some appear to have p.a.e.dophile leanings so are going to just enjoy making stuff up. But what was his excuse? He really couldn't understand why in a mixed sample from three to five people found in a car used by the entire McCann family alleles that matched madeleine would be found. Does he understand how paternity works? Of course if Madeleine's parents and other family members left DNA somewhere thr alleles will be a match for madeleine. They share the same alleles, every last allele of madeleine is also found in her parents DNA. How does he not understand that. If the McCann's left their DNA anywhere then the alleles found will match their childrens alleles.

And why did he get so fixated on not showing her eyes? All missing cases show a childs face, as far as I am aware there were images of Joanna's face shown? Yet suddenly he gets his knickers in a twist about people being able to recognise madeleine by her eyes. You can show someone's entire face but if they have a distinctive eye that must not be shown in case someone recognises it. What was his thought process there I wonder? Bastard.

Post Reply