Amaral's new book

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:44 pm


Textusa19 Oct 2021, 11:41:00
We would like to clarify straight away that Amaral has not suggested anyone has yet provided an alibi for Brueckner on the night of May 3. He does imply that there may be someone that may well be able to do that but is very clear that said person has yet to speak to any police force. This is what he says about the issue, on Chapter 39, pg 275:

- identification, locating and inquiring Christian B’s girlfriend, who is said that, on May 2007, was a German citizen, currently with 41 yrs, who left Portugal via Faro Airport, on May 10 2007, where she was detained for possession of a gas weapon, to determine where was Christian B on the night of May 3 2007. This witness has never been heard by any police;

For reference to this woman’s present age, the book is signed at the end as being finished on Feb 01 2021: “Olivais Sul, 1 de fevereiro de 2021”.

We decided to translate “detida” as detained – it could be translated as arrested – as we imagine that when Amaral speaks of “a gas weapon” he’s referring to mace, something that many women transport with themselves for personal defense, so nothing suspicious about this, in our opinion.

We also like to inform that Amaral considers 2 other theories – death before the 3rd and Maddie walking out on by herself – but it is very clear throughout the entire book that he maintains his opinion that Maddie died on May 3.

In fact, when considering the death before May 3 he destroys the thesis by saying that he considers that the pool photo is a photo-montage (the defenders of this theory are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, even claiming scientific support without detailing which, that the photo has NOT been tampered with, only its date was manipulated) and by saying on Chapter 22 pg 154 that “This is the opinion of those investigators, but there exist statements of witnesses who state having seen the child after 29 April.”

As this involves an issue we have dealt with in detail, obviously we will return to it on a later date.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Later on, I will talk about chapter 22 and how Amaral considers the research by the Madeleine McCann Research Group (MMRG).
It can't be particularly interesting as no update for 2 days now.

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 pm

I have no thesis, everything is open and there is an interim report of September 2007, prepared by the Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, with preliminary conclusions that should have been followed up. In this report, the possible responsibility of the parents in the disappearance of the child is addressed. What is there is not my thesis: they are the conclusions of the PJ, which are still valid today. There is a strong possibility that the parents were involved in Maddie's disappearance. And we'll leave it at that. As for this book, it is a response to the claim for compensation and the civil suit they brought against me in which I won in court, even in the Supreme Court of Justice and the Constitutional Court at the end of 10 years. But, at this moment, and as nothing happens by chance, there is still a lawsuit against the Portuguese State in the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). As I've been doing this for some time, at least for 14 years, I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a total interest on the part of the parents of the child for all this to be happening: for the German police, or any other authority, to come and say that there are open investigations, that they have a suspect... Because all this, in their minds, can influence the ECHR. We will await for the outcome, but there is that (underlying) thought.

More conspiracy claptrap that the ECHR can be influenced.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:14 pm

#16

Gonçalo Amaral - 'Enough of the Lies': Promotion and Reviews Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral - 'Enough of the Lies': Promotion and Reviews

Post by xklamation Today at 17:05
Gonçalo Amaral. "In the Maddie case, we only don't get to the truth because of a purely political reason"

by Maria Moreira Rato



Gonçalo Amaral - 'Enough of the Lies': Promotion and Reviews 79656410

"We can't learn anything by talking to the English and Germans", guarantees the former PJ inspector and author of the book 'Maddie: Enough with the Lies!'

On the night of 3 May 2007, after 10pm, a three-year-old child went missing in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve. "Planned abduction? Abduction motivated by sexual gratification? Voluntary disappearance? Responsibilities of the parents or of others with the duty of guardianship of the child? Accidental death? Death in the hours or days before the disappearance alert?" these are questions that constitute the motto of the book Maddie: Enough with the Lies!, written by Gonçalo Amaral and launched by Contraponto. In this book, the former Inspector of the Judiciary Police, who coordinated investigations into the Maddie case between 3rd May and 2nd October 2007 (when he was removed from the police force), stresses that, 14 years later, the truth is still not known. However, even though he has been retired since 2008, he does not give up thinking about the case and believes that Madeleine McCann, "the mysteriously missing child", "deserves an objective and serious investigation".

"This book comes out of the necessity I felt to restore my good name, which was sullied in the public square without the institution to which I belonged to for 26 years, the Portuguese Judiciary Police, having allowed me to defend myself or to do so institutionally," he wrote in the introductory note to "The Truth of the Lie", published in 2008. Did you expect the PJ's position to be different?

Both then and now I thought it would be different, but it has always been a politically correct stance. In fact, as Doctor Luís Filipe Menezes says, there is a political design, from the very first moment, in this case, which not only covers the issue of the image and the expenses of the British government, but also has ramifications at a national level. This positioning of the PJ is interesting because, at the time, they did not come out - and we can make the comparison 14 years later - in our defence. On mine and those who worked with me, as well as those who were my superiors, such as Dr Luís Neves, the national director of the PJ. For all we know, in 2008, he would have been nominated to occupy that position, but he was prejudiced because of the case. They said he was too closely connected to the case. If what is said is true - that there was a statement from the PJ about the declarations of the German prosecutor, alerting that there is no tension between Portugal and Germany... First of all, this (German) prosecutor never retracted his statement and the ones who come out to defend what he said or didn't say is the PJ, something they didn't do with its collaborators. It's all very strange, but the fact is that what has happened and that's the way it is.

When you released "The English Gag" in 2009, Madeleine McCann's parents claimed that the book and the video marketed after a documentary aired on TVI disseminated your thesis, which they considered untenable. Did this surprise you or were you always expecting this to be the succession of events?

I have no thesis, everything is open and there is an interim report of September 2007, prepared by the Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, with preliminary conclusions that should have been followed up. In this report, the possible responsibility of the parents in the disappearance of the child is addressed. What is there is not my thesis: they are the conclusions of the PJ, which are still valid today. There is a strong possibility that the parents were involved in Maddie's disappearance. And we'll leave it at that. As for this book, it is a response to the claim for compensation and the civil suit they brought against me in which I won in court, even in the Supreme Court of Justice and the Constitutional Court at the end of 10 years. But, at this moment, and as nothing happens by chance, there is still a lawsuit against the Portuguese State in the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). As I've been doing this for some time, at least for 14 years, I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a total interest on the part of the parents of the child for all this to be happening: for the German police, or any other authority, to come and say that there are open investigations, that they have a suspect... Because all this, in their minds, can influence the ECHR. We will await for the outcome, but there is that (underlying) thought.

That year, the couple asked the court for the withdrawal from the market, albeit provisionally, of the book and video, which was eventually decreed on 9 September. At the same time, they accused you of statements considered defamatory, requesting compensation of at least 1.2 million euros. Was there an economic motivation that overlapped with the desire to find the child?

I'm not talking about the motivation of money, but of the image. There has been a lot of talk over the years about cleaning up and treating the/their image. The primary thing is this. Even this action at ECtHR is about the image of Madeleine's parents. They almost need to have a positive outcome "like bread to their mouths" and then, there, they came out of this on top. Since the release of the Netflix documentary - strangely, I didn't even know I was being interviewed as part of that production - I realised straight away that things weren't quite independent ( i.e. the production wasn't unbiased). The lady was carrying around a book of mine, translated on the Internet, a horrible translation, and I told her "If you want the original, I'll bring it to you and there are Portuguese people who can translate it easily". And then they introduced a new piece of information, about the violation of the secrecy of justice, which is the narrative of the mother of the disappeared child, and I asked "Won't you interview the parents?" and they answered "No, they don't want to". And I understood that there was a movement where the parents let themselves be in the background, everyone else is talking and the German police, in this case, said she is dead. Then they said "No, no, maybe she's alive", but none of this happens without the consent of the parents. The British police did not move on to this suspect without the consent of the parents, of that we have no doubt.

In the court decision, it was possible to read that the author and the publishers were also forbidden to "proceed with the reproduction or comment, opinion or giving interviews, where such thesis is defended or from where it can be inferred". Even so, he went ahead with the launch of his second book. What was it like to have your freedom of expression threatened?

At that time, there was censorship, a fierce attack on freedom of expression and, above all, on my economic independence. They attacked my retirement pension, a third of it was seized, as if they could find the child in that way.

"I am fully convinced that my early retirement from the PJ was an exercise of my own free will, but as a consequence of one or more acts of the responsibility of others," you write in the first chapter of your latest book.

Exactly, it goes along with what we just talked about. One of the parents' main goals was also to drive me to ruin and shut me up that way. Techniques that maybe they use a lot in the UK but don't work here.

On page 20, you write that "the excuse of sunburn does not stand up, since the mark was on the wrist, as if someone had grabbed it and pulled it with excessive force". The same was visible in a photograph taken at the Ocean Club, however, you point out that, until today, there has been no reference to it in the media. Why? Were they manipulated?

Over the years, it had no journalistic interest. These are facts that are in the process: a CD was given to all the journalists when the case was archived, but it gives the idea that, at the time, they didn't read it. This is there, in the mother's statements.

In your first book, you write that "what the investigators saw was the paradigm of the sacred and the profane". For example, the mother had photographs of the girl on her bedside table and the Bible, while the father had three police manuals with restricted access to police and government entities. What do these details say about each of them?

The parents of long-term missing children have to be supported and they are advised to speak and write about the issue and to be careful about a number of issues. But here, for example, when the monetary support fund for the search is set up, it should not have been the parents themselves running it, because they will be publicly scrutinised, what has happened is a bit the opposite. They follow that so-called survival guide for families but with certain nuances: they manage the millions, they accepted everything that is information event from the beyond (i.e. mediums, etc) and the cooperation with the police does not work properly. They want to know more than to help. The passage that was marked in the Bible was about the death of a child and, on the father's side, those manuals and a self-help book. There is a preparation there for what is to come: an almost assumption that the child is dead.

"And you can never claim that 'the child is already gone'. What do you do after a statement like that?". Did Maddie's parents always act as if they knew she was dead? Not least because you mention that "the first time the hypothesis was raised that the girl was dead it was, effectively, suggested by her parents."

This information was uttered by a distinguished Portuguese lawyer on television. And the hypothesis was raised by them: it was not that everything was not on the table (i.e. all hypotheses were considered), but the first searches were made with the aim of looking for a living child. But it was as if she had left the house alone and not on anyone's lap. I no longer remember if it was the mother or the father who handed over emails from psychics who had written that the child would be dead in a sewage collector and someone said that they saw a programme, with a colonel from the South African Armed Forces, who had a special machine that, with hair, would be able to locate the child's corpse. So, at the beginning, it was the parents who asked to locate the body and not the PJ. This strategy was altered when they were constituted arguidos, because they began to say that she was alive. But, if they did read the manuals and spoke with specialists, they should know that female children, at this age, are not known to have been recovered alive years later. Those that are, when they appear, are close to puberty, almost having their period. Then, yes, they become s-e-x slaves, as some theorists of the matter say.

Were you surprised by the publication of book signed by the mother, Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her? Do you believe that the money raised really did fund the search for the child?

I don't like to make comments about what they did or didn't do with the money: it's the people who contributed who have to question it. It is indeed the case that, right from the start, they fully amortised the mortgage on the house and so on. The funds serve to support families beyond the search, however, in that survival guide, which exists in the USA and many people use, I stress that it says that it should not be the family in charge of the fund. But I leave that to the public opinion.

The way the parents described Maddie's alleged sleep disturbances seems to have inconsistencies. Apparently, she would have started sleeping (well/the whole night, see KM book) when she went with her parents to Italy, but at her parents' home there was still a board of rewards she would receive if she slept. Does this make sense?

The witness who supports the theory that the sleep problems have disappeared is the person who is said to have last seen the child alive, David P., the doctor who organised the whole trip. It's a bit odd. It's always that couple or that person who is/are used to say that the sleep problems are gone, that she was alive at x hours on May 3, 2007... And he is denounced by another couple of doctors for having allegedly made obscene gestures and phrases bordering on p.a.e.d.o.philia with regards to the missing child. He liked to bathe other people's children and everything else. It is strange that this friendship is maintained with this individual, that it is always he who is pulled in to "defend" them in some way and.... What can I say? There was no need to get this couple to justify the sleeping problems. And even stranger is that this gentleman has never been interviewed by journalists: neither he nor the others (The Tapas 7). Journalists can't or aren't interested in doing so.

Regarding the apartment where the McCanns were, it seemed that there had been almost an attempt to plant evidence or to hide them. By way of example, the situation of the blanket, which was folded and tidied up.

What seems to have happened is a simulation of abduction. There are strong indications of this with the mother's handprint on the window, for example. When it is said that a real abduction took place, why is there a simulation of it? It doesn't add up. What may have happened, but that's up to whoever did it, is that one may have wanted to give the impression that those who are responsible for the child's care had done everything to ensure that both she and her siblings were safe while they were away. But it seems that this is not quite the case because the shutter leading to the back door was not properly closed and neither was a window in the bedroom where they slept. There could be a chance that someone had broken in and these parents thought that by not locking everything, they had been careless and that they could be blamed for that. Hence the simulation. Someone has to explain this: the police can consider hypotheses, but they can only go further if the person who simulated the abduction is willing to assume the possible simulation of the abduction and explains why. The explanation may even be acceptable, although not very understandable.

It has always been suggested that the alleged entry into the apartment took place through the bedroom window, but no evidence of forced entry has been found.

Nothing (was found). One of two things is true: when the child came out of there, it was either taken by someone who had the responsibility to be in there with her or someone came in through the sections that were open and took her. In the first or second case, we don't know what happened. The child might have gone out by herself, something that the parents do not admit: they wrote that this hypothesis puts their intelligence in question. This is a cry to the heavens (i.e. it's appalling, Portuguese idiomatic expression). Here comes again that part about focusing on the idea that they took proper care of their children. And perhaps that's not true. And it all adds up to the confusion, leading to the point where there are other hypotheses , such as the child disappeared or died before May 3.

"The scene of the possible crime, whatever it was, is not in line with what it would have been at the time of the missing person alert. When the police arrived at the apartment the scene was already altered," you wrote. To what extent has this hampered the investigation?

There had already been a lot of people there, the GNR tracker dogs... There may have been intent for this to happen, sloppiness, too much alcohol on the part of people who should have been a bit more careful... Let's not forget that they had been dining and drinking well and that was usual every night.

If Maddie's parents were looking for her, why did they excoriate an official from a British child welfare body?

Exactly, and this brings us back to Mr David P. We have the name of the official, she worked on several cases, and on his, and never has the British police made a rundown of the cases that lady worked on throughout her career. It is not known whether the doctor is a witness or a suspect. Maybe we are still in the realm of political correctness.

"What resulted from the interference of political power was an unfinished criminal investigation, abruptly or tacitly interrupted, giving rise to speculations and conspiracy theories, with which I do not agree," you wrote.

When the British ambassador went to the Algarve on Saturday, May 5, to meet with the police directorate in charge of the case, he almost diplomatically demanded that a statement be issued saying that there had been a abduction and that the parents were not involved. The police did this and it was the biggest mistake. Dr. Guilhermino da Encarnação came out, he was surrounded by journalists, and Dr. Luís Neves and I were barely acquainted, and he said "This is all wrong". He used another term that is not worth saying here. The parents were waiting for that moment. Soon after, the ambassador went to Praia da Luz and the parents also came out with a statement. From then on, a abduction began to exist, and this is inconceivable. Dr. Luís Filipe Menezes speaks a lot about this, for example: the British budget, every year, dedicates millions of pounds to the search or the pseudo-search for a suspect and the child. But only for this child. There are others who have disappeared.



ongoing

I newspaper, 10 October 2021 https://ionline.sapo.pt/750051

Note: MCCANN ET HEALY c. PORTUGAL http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng?i=001-207898

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:32 pm

Anyone got a head count for the number of people involved in covering for two docs. from Leicester?
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 pm

sal wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:32 pm
Anyone got a head count for the number of people involved in covering for two docs. from Leicester?
I am sure that bennett has a folder on them.

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:58 pm

:s_biggrin :s_yes
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:46 pm

Image

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm

reis
TRANSLATION:

Hernâni Carvalho: But I had another question that I wanted to ask you - a very well-know and retired British policeman, named Peter, posits that Madeleine McCann disappeared on 29 April, that is, a week before the official date of the disappearance. Do you want to comment?

Gonçalo Amaral: It's possible, it's possible. I speak about that scenario in my new book. The book touches on that scenario. It's not just him, he was superintendent of the British police. There are other people - lawyers and others. They are not a bunch of lunatics. They analysed weather records for that week, using satellite images, and they say that the photograph, of [Gerry McCann] sitting by the pool, was taken on Sunday, which is not possible [that the photo was taken on Thursday] because, on that day, the weather wasn't like that. So, according to them, [the photograph] exists to mislead or prove that the missing child was alive at that time. It's very difficult to prove this theory, namely because of the creche records, including those dated 3rd of May. However, it later turned out that there was an employee of the creche who was a relative... or a friend of someone's godfather.

Hernâni Carvalho: But I remember that the creche sheet had parts that were crossed out.

Gonçalo Amaral: Yes, yes, there are signatures and they can easily be falsified.
Desperate measures Amaral,,,looking more of a fool than normal^^^^


the book according to Textusa
In fact, when considering the death before May 3 he destroys the thesis by saying that he considers that the pool photo is a photo-montage (the defenders of this theory are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, even claiming scientific support without detailing which, that the photo has NOT been tampered with, only its date was manipulated) and by saying on Chapter 22 pg 154 that “This is the opinion of those investigators, but there exist statements of witnesses who state having seen the child after 29 April.”
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:44 pm

They are not a bunch of lunatics.
oh yes they are.

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Whiterose » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:31 am

Mrs Fenns niece said it was sunny, they were sitting on the veranda. Quote - CT'It was sunny, but... humm... it cooled down at night, hummm, I believe it was sunny, mmm.


Amaral must be very desperate to mention Bernnetts rubbish. :s_crazy
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:43 pm

Re: Gonçalo Amaral New Book: General Discussion.

Post by Cammerigal Yesterday at 22:41
We here have utterly debunked the spurious McCann claim regarding the validity of the last photo time/date. False meta data, wrong sun azimuth and wrong shadow angle and lengths How can they rely on it, in a court of law??
Oh really?

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"
proverb You will never be able to make some understand or accept something if they are too stubborn or unwilling to learn or notice.

Isaiah 6:9-10
: : : And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see indeed, but perceive not.
: : : Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

eremiah 5:21
: : : Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

Matthew 13:13
: : : 13:13 Therefore I speak to them in parables: because they seeing
: : : see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31898
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by catkins » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Nothing changes. They are still a bunch of sad losers.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:17 pm

catkins wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 pm
Nothing changes. They are still a bunch of sad losers.
The thing is that idiot gonc actually refers to them in his book!!!!!!

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:38 pm

It's significant how little of the new book has been translated and posted "for research purposes".

They are waiting with bated breath for Chapter 22 about the cesspit research group to be done - but nothing apart from a snippet from an interview.

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Still no translations from Reis, despite twice being poked by verdi .
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:28 pm

Reis translation

Gonçalo Amaral wrote:
The contradictions, inconsistencies and lies of family and friends seem to point to the existence of a plan to hide what really happened. But what are they hiding? What happened to the missing child, and when?

Over the last years, a group of people interested in the truth, most of them of British origin, from many professions, including lawyers and police officers, have been trying to answer that question. One of those people is Peter, simply Peter, a retired former superintendent of the British police who does not accept the "scenario" presented by the parents and friends, and with whom I've been conversing over these years. I have read and re-read the content of this group's work. It seems to me to be a well-produced analysis and one cannot rule out the possibility that the Polícia Judiciária [PJ] was fooled and misled. However, as we shall see, this theory must be considered in the ongoing investigations. One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.

(...)

The group, which questions the scenario created, subjected this photograph to a scientific analysis and concluded that the date stamp shown in it, 3 May, doesn't correspond to the truth. In addition to the analysis of the photo, they also analysed the weather and cloud cover at Praia da Luz, through the use of satellite images. It was concluded that that photo could only have been taken on Sunday 29 April.
[quote inserted for purposes of criticism, discussion and research]

Although Mr. Amaral talks about some of the evidence presented by MMRG, such as the Last Photo and Nuno Lourenço's statements to the police, he doesn't really explore these issues in greater detail and merely presents them as a credible theory that should be considered in these ongoing investigations. Sure, he does respect and commend the amount of work that was put into the research, but on the other hand, he continues to give credibility to the statements made by the Smith family, which is disappointing given that those statements, like Jane Tanner's alleged sighting, make no sense. Those who subscribe to the abduction theory also lend credibility to the Irish family's statements, but how can they explain Martin Smith saying he was 60-80% sure that the man he saw carrying a child in the streets of Praia da Luz was none other than Gerry McCann himself? How come Scotland Yard is now using the alleged Smith sighting as a credible lead in their supposed investigations? The whole story about the Smiths doesn't make any sense when one starts to really think about it.
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 pm

So that's what they have been waiting for?

It's a shame that he didn't do some work himself to confirm the weather in PDL at the time - he could have then confirmed their guess or maybe rubbished it.

It is obvious that the dossier to Portugal submitted by the MMRG has been totally ignored.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:42 pm

(...)
I wonder what was in that bit that has not been translated.

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 pm

One of those people is Peter, simply Peter
That's a translation error - it is "Peter, simple Peter"

sal
Posts: 11869
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by sal » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:42 pm

There is nothing in the files to state that they paid and received the requested weather conditions.
Processo Vol 13 page 3982;

FAX dated 2007/11/07
from Commercial Division, Institute of Meteorology
to Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, PJ DIC Portimao
Ref: COME 324/07-062

Subject: Quotation for request of meteorological information

Pursuant to your request, whose reference is a Fax dated 07/10/25, we advise that the cost is 395,14 including VAT of 21%. This amount refers to the use of data/information for the purposes indicated.

The meteorological information refers to the days 3 and 4 May/07 - meteorological conditions.
- Analysis of synoptic situation.
- Results of numeric models.
- Result of observations.
- Certified copy of "State of the Weather and Sea in the Area of Praia da Luz" containing a description of wind, gusts, cloudiness, rainfall, temperature, humidity and the state of the sea.
Note: hour of sunset.
- Contact details of Astronomical Observatory of Lisbon (Help).

In order to proceed with your request, please confirm your acceptance of this quotation in writing, mentioning the above reference, as well as the tax number and exact address to be used for billing. Not giving this information will invalidate acceptance of the quotation and subsequent delivery of the meteorological information requested.

If we do not receive confirmation of acceptance of the quotation from yourselves within 30 days we reserve the right to cancel your request.

Your faithfully

Commercial Division Coordinator

Manuela Travassos M. Caldeira

Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Learning
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

jjbd
Posts: 17989
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by jjbd » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 pm

One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.
How interesting - the pool photo has Gerry with only 2 of his children. Has gonc made a mistake or has he seen a photo of Gerry by the pool with all 3 children and confused it with that??

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Whiterose » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am

jjbd wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 pm
One of those people is Peter, simply Peter
That's a translation error - it is "Peter, simple Peter"

:s_thumbsup :s_rofl
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Amaral's new book

Post by Whiterose » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 am

jjbd wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 pm
One of the starting points of the analysis carried out by this group is the photo of [Gerry McCann] with his three children, next to the Ocean Club pool, which his spokesperson said was taken on 3 May 2007.
How interesting - the pool photo has Gerry with only 2 of his children. Has gonc made a mistake or has he seen a photo of Gerry by the pool with all 3 children and confused it with that??

So many errors. Amaral is such an idiot, scary to even think he was a Police Officer.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Post Reply