Donald Trump has covid 19

Alibongo

Re: Donald Trump has covid 19

Post by Alibongo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:11 pm

FAKE NEWS :s_biggrin
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Carana

Post by Carana » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 am

"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Chinagirl

Post by Chinagirl » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:13 am

Perfect retribution. Also known as nemesis following hubris. Or simply as it couldn't have happened to a more deserving bloke!
:pop2:
[T]hose children were left alone and because of that fact one of them disappeared. (Fatima de Oliveira Esteves)

Wrong.
It's because someone took her.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 pm

He could be discharged from hospital tomorrow

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/poli ... index.html

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Watching the medical update on the news even comes across as electioneering. Maybe Trump has the hoax virus :s_crazy It floored my daughter and her partner and both are fit and in their thirties.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:09 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... e-12090853
James Phillips wrote on Twitter: "Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theatre. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theatre. This is insanity."
Hmmmm!

jjbd

Post by jjbd » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:58 pm

I demand to see the swab going up his nose and down his throat and then a chain of evidence leading to a positive test.

In other words I don't believe for one minute that he tested positive.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:15 pm

jjbd wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:58 pm
I demand to see the swab going up his nose and down his throat and then a chain of evidence leading to a positive test.

I think it was a CNN news reporter who was furious about his doctor's vagueness about whether or not he had received oxygen.

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:57 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54382914

After four days in hospital, President Trump has been cleared to return to the White House, with his physician deeming it “safe” to discharge him.

hmmmm!

Carana

Post by Carana » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 pm

jjbd wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:58 pm

That thought had crossed my mind as well, jj. :s_wink

I've changed my mind though.

What could potentially be a discreet oxygen supply as he heads towards Marine One.
https://twitter.com/poshea/status/1312287275036946435
Caveat: I can't personally verify if the above is genuine or not, but, when tied in with other details, I tend to think that it is.

He does seem to be struggling for air here:
https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/13 ... 8363552769
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Quite a droll cartoon in The Times

Trump is in hospital in bed, being poured over by doctors and countless other medical staff. And one of them shouts out, His saturation levels are dropping, QUICK, get him a spin-doctor ...

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:32 pm

On cue.

Covid19 is no worse than flu (Donald Trump)

From today's Times
President Trump tweeted today that Covid-19 was “far less lethal” than flu for most people as he continued to downplay the severity of the pandemic after staging a return to the White House from hospital.

Mr Trump, 74, claimed that “sometimes over 100,000” Americans die from the flu, although the highest annual death toll in the past decade was 61,000 in 2017-18. More than 210,000 have died this year with coronavirus.

US flu deaths last winter are estimated at 22,000 and last reached 100,000 in 1967, exceeding that total once since the Spanish flu of 1918-19 with 116,000 in 1957.

The president has been accused of drawing false conclusions about the coronavirus based on his own progress after being treated with an experimental cocktail of drugs and receiving a standard of care not available to most Americans.

Mr Trump removed his facemask soon after arriving back at the White House. He is still infectious
Mr Trump removed his facemask soon after arriving back at the White House. He is still infectious
NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
Polling today suggested that he is slipping further behind Joe Biden, his Democratic rival, with a survey for CNN by SSRS putting the challenger on 57 per cent and Mr Trump on 41 per cent. The poll was conducted after their bad-tempered TV debate and was partially under way when Mr Trump revealed his coronavirus diagnosis in the early hours of last Friday morning and was airlifted to hospital later that day. Mr Biden’s average polling lead was put at 8.8 points by the website 538.

Mr Trump tweeted: “Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!”

Facebook removed the same post this morning, saying that it broke the platform’s rules on misinformation about the pandemic. Twitter flagged up the president’s tweet for “misleading and potentially harmful information related to Covid-19”.

It was similar to the upbeat messaging of Mr Trump at the start of the outbreak, when he was privately telling Bob Woodward, the veteran journalist, that he knew the coronavirus was more deadly. In a recording made on February 7 Mr Trump told Woodward: “You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”

As he returned to the White House last night, the president climbed the steps of the south portico and took off his mask to underline his message to Americans not to be afraid of Covid-19.

SPONSORED
Find out why this ingredient has climbed to the top of the food chain
Find out why this ingredient has climbed to the top of the food chain
How will green issues colour the US 2020 election?
How will green issues colour the US 2020 election?
Although still suffering from the virus and likely to be infectious for another week, Mr Trump insisted on being discharged after three nights in the Walter Reed medical centre, claiming that he was “better” and “maybe immune”. However, he appeared to gulp for air several times after reaching the White House balcony and medical experts say that the powerful steroid he is taking could be masking symptoms.

IN YOUR INBOX
US election newsletter
We pick through the headlines to join the dots in the presidential race by focusing on incisive analysis and expert observations from our team of Washington correspondents.

Mr Trump recorded a defiant video to the backdrop of US flags framing a view of the Washington monument, declaring that he knew that there was a risk in activities that led to his infection, but adding: “I stood out front. I led.”

“One thing that’s for certain — don’t let it dominate you, don’t be afraid of it,” Mr Trump said in the video, filmed by a masked crew in the White House while the president continued to speak without his mask despite his infection.

“Don’t let it take over your lives . . . We have the greatest country in the world, we are going back to work, we are going to be out front. As your leader I had to do that. I knew there is danger to it but I had to do it. I stood out front. I led.”

His stage-managed trip back to the epicentre of US political power was intended to convey his return to strength but came after his doctors warned that he was “not out of the woods”.

Political opponents accused him of repeated failures to take responsibility for steering the country safely through the pandemic and criticised him for failing to take a lead on mask-wearing and downplaying the dangers of a disease that has claimed nearly 210,000 American lives.

Chris Murphy, a Democratic senator, tweeted: “Don’t be afraid, says the guy with a team of a dozen doctors, access to experimental treatments that no one else gets, a four-room hospital suite, who lives in a house with top doctors on site 24/7.”

In remarks that seemed aimed at Mr Biden who has been very strict about wearing a mask and observing social distancing, the president added: “Nobody that’s a leader would not do what I did and I know there is a risk, there’s a danger, but that’s OK. And now I am better and maybe I am immune, I don’t know. But don’t let it dominate your lives. Get out there, be careful, we have the best medicines in the world.” He added that “vaccines are coming momentarily”.

There has been an outcry from the medical profession after Mr Trump’s messaging upon returning to the White House that Americans should not be afraid of the coronavirus.

Siddhartha Mukherjee, a cancer doctor at Columbia University medical center in New York, tweeted: “Downplaying the dangers of a deadly virus is an insult to science. ‘Don’t be afraid of Covid’ is also an insult to decency. Tell that to the families that have lost their loved ones, or to the frontline workers who are very very legitimately afraid.”

Play Video
Some of Mr Trump’s supporters were jubilant at his return after just three nights at Walter Reed hospital.

Matt Gaetz, a Florida congressman close to the president, tweeted: “President Trump won’t have to recover from Covid. Covid will have to recover from President Trump.”

Kelly Loeffler, a senator from Georgia who is in a tough re-election battle this year, tweeted a well-known video of Mr Trump wrestling the WWE chairman Vince McMahon to the ground, with a virus superimposed in place of Mr McMahon’s face. Ms Leoffler, 49, wrote: “Covid stood no chance.”

However the Washington Examiner, a conservative publication, today published an article by Philip Klein, its executive editor, headlined: “Trump’s reckless victory lap is a slap in the face to victims of Covid-19.”

Klein wrote: “It’s irresponsible for Trump to suggest that his experience — again, if he is truly over the hump — should guide the behaviour and decision making of the public, none of whom have the resources that he does . . . Somebody else may get a much worse case than Trump simply because they were unlucky. Trump’s triumphalism is unwarranted, and frankly, cruel to those who were less fortunate through no fault of their own.”

Mr Trump is still taking dexamethasone, a powerful steroid that is normally given to patients who are very sick with Covid-19. Some medical experts suggested that the president was feeling a false sense of wellness thanks to this drug, which addresses symptoms rather than the virus itself. Aggression, mood swings and confusion are among its known side-effects.

S*** Conley, the White House doctor, said that Mr Trump “met or exceeded all standard hospital discharge criteria” but was not totally out of danger. He added that Mr Trump could be infectious for another week, having first shown symptoms last Thursday, but added: “We’re checking him more routinely than just waiting ten days . . . we will know as soon as possible.”

He said that Mr Trump had not experienced a fever for 72 hours although he refused to share details of his lung scans or say when he had last tested negative, a detail used to help to track and trace those who came into contact with him.

The president was said to be keen to return to the election campaign despite his doctors admitting that they would not relax about his condition until he reached next Monday without suffering any serious setbacks. “We’re looking to this weekend,” Dr Conley said. “If we can get through to Monday, with him remaining the same or improving, better yet, then we will all take that final deep sigh of relief.”

Shortly before he left hospital, Mr Trump tweeted: “Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!! The Fake News only shows the Fake Polls.”

Mr Trump admiringly quoted a journalist who wrote: “If the President bounces back onto the campaign trail, he will be an invincible hero, who not only survived every dirty trick the Democrats threw at him, but the Chinese virus as well.”

The president also tweeted about a big rise in the stock market that greeted news of his discharge from the Walter Reed medical centre and added: “[The election] Was over until the Plague came in from China. Will win anyway!”

Mr Trump failed to take a coronavirus test before the first TV debate in Cleveland, Ohio, because he arrived too late. His infection was announced 48 hours later.

Tim Murtaugh, a Trump campaign spokesman, said: “The president intends to be ready to debate [next week].”

Mr Murtaugh added that the campaign would not agree to suggestions that the moderator should be able to mute the microphone of the two candidates to avoid the many interruptions that marred last week’s event.

There were concerns about the influence of the cocktail of drugs Mr Trump is taking on his state of mind. David Axelrod, a former strategy adviser to Barack Obama, said: “We don’t even know what impact these medicines are having on him and his judgment.”

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:24 pm

"There were concerns about the influence of the cocktail of drugs Mr Trump is taking on his state of mind. David Axelrod, a former strategy adviser to Barack Obama, said: “We don’t even know what impact these medicines are having on him and his judgment.”

I wonder how his judgment could be measured... :s_dunno

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:04 pm

I listened to Trump being interviewed on Fox and he sounded very congested to me :s_yes
Also sounded off his rocker so business as usual :s_biggrin

bluj1515

Post by bluj1515 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 pm

I do think he had it and I think they have shot him up from here to eternity on steroids and uppers ever since. Did you see him GASPING for air at the top of the White House steps when he returned? This is a man who has never worked out. He thinks you are born with a finite store of energy and that if you exercise you lose it.

I cannot believe this was only 3 weeks ago.
The best thing to happen to a criminal is to have Pat Brown profile the crime; you'll never get caught!

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:15 am

bluj1515 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 pm
I do think he had it and I think they have shot him up from here to eternity on steroids and uppers ever since. Did you see him GASPING for air at the top of the White House steps when he returned? This is a man who has never worked out. He thinks you are born with a finite store of energy and that if you exercise you lose it.

Unless it's to play golf on most weekends on one of his courses... at the taxpayers' expense and to his companies' financial benefit. :rolleyes:

bluj1515

Post by bluj1515 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Carana wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:15 am
bluj1515 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Unless it's to play golf on most weekends on one of his courses... at the taxpayers' expense and to his companies' financial benefit. :rolleyes:
He uses a cart even then and is notorious for driving onto the greens themselves.
The best thing to happen to a criminal is to have Pat Brown profile the crime; you'll never get caught!

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Not sure if it's true, but his security detail apparently also has to hire carts to follow him around.

There's a US journalist (WaPo? NYT? who's been digging into his dodgy sources of income. Will add when I find his name.

How does this work with the emoluments clause, Blu?

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Well, Joe Biden needs just 17 more electoral college votes (I think they're called) to secure victory. Trump needs another 46.

Does look like a Biden precedency.

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Well what a spectacle it's turning into, Trump still clinging on to fraud claims. Can you imagine what a huge task that would be to carry out on a grand scale? Trumps on a hiding to nowhere :s_biggrin
I hope :s_scratchhead

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Alibongo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:54 pm
Well what a spectacle it's turning into, Trump still clinging on to fraud claims. Can you imagine what a huge task that would be to carry out on a grand scale? Trumps on a hiding to nowhere :s_biggrin
There doesn't seem to be any evidence of fraud.

Trump just a bad loser.

But he will lose.

In all the States yet to declare I haven't seen one where Trump is ahead. So I think there will be a late surge for Biden as he crosses the finishing line to be declared president.

bluj1515

Post by bluj1515 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Biden has won the presidency. The media will not call it because there are hundreds of thousands of ballots to still count in PA, but the sudden ideological change necessary for those ballots to not be Biden ballots is not possible. The election will not get certified by the states until every ballot including provisionals and military and overseas ballots which some states allow to arrive until today are counted. That part could be weeks and it always has taken weeks.

bluj1515

Post by bluj1515 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Carana wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:49 pm
Not sure if it's true, but his security detail apparently also has to hire carts to follow him around.

There's a US journalist (WaPo? NYT? who's been digging into his dodgy sources of income. Will add when I find his name.

How does this work with the emoluments clause, Blu?
David Farenthold of the Washington Post. Whenever the lame duck President travels to one of the golf courses and hotel he owns the Secret Service rents out golf carts and rooms and pays the Trump businesses to do so and have paid him millions to do so. But the people who like him will tell you straight faces he didn’t take the $400,000 salary of an American president and has sacrificed.

It’s all violations of the emoluments clause and what the Trump presidency has taught us all is the constitution is worthless without the federal statutes to back it up that actually make things a real crime.

bluj1515

Post by bluj1515 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Alibongo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:54 pm
4 different states and one of them has statewide Republican leadership. It’s absurdity. His cult followers just cannot conceptualize that many Americans including white Americans do not think like they do