Sarah Payne's dad tragically dead at 45

Jayelles

Sarah Payne's dad tragically dead at 45

Post by Jayelles » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:02 am

This is so sad.... :s_cry :s_cry :s_cry

When an evil monster takes a child from its loving family, it is often just the start of the nightmare. Families are often torn apart and have to live for many years with other evil acts and nightmarish consequences which are spawned as a result of the first one :s_sad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... attle.html

My thoughts are with this family once again.

Whiterose

Re: Sarah Payne's dad tragically dead at 45

Post by Whiterose » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 am

So sad, poor man :s_cry I hope he has now found peace and is with his little daughter once again. RIP Michael.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Cath

Post by Cath » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:13 am

So sad to hear this news. I hope he is at peace now.
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday [28-04-2015], Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair and ordered to pay them €250,000 each in damages. The judge also banned further sale of his book, the Truth of the Lie.

Hael

Post by Hael » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 pm

:s_sad Sad news. Poor man, may he find peace.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

Carana

Post by Carana » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Sarah Payne's father found dead: Grief-stricken ex-wife Sara thanks wellwishers for 'love and kindness at this painful time'

Oct 30, 2014 12:28
By Vicky Smith, Anthony Bond

Michael Payne - who spent years battling alcohol addiction - was found dead at his first-floor flat in Kent where he lived alone

1355 Shares
Tweet
+1
Email

Grieving: The mum of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne has thanked the public for their support after her ex-husband died at the age of 45

The mum of Sarah Payne told of her devastation after the murdered schoolgirl’s father was found dead.

Michael Payne, 45, had struggled with alcohol since his daughter was abducted and killed by p.a.e.dophile Roy Whiting in 2000.

The former airport worker was found at his home in Maidstone, Kent, on Monday and police are not treating his death as suspicious.

His ex-wife Sara, who had five children including Sarah with Mr Payne, thanked supporters for their messages.

Fellow campaigner Shy Keenan, a close friend of Ms Payne, wrote on Twitter: “Sara thanks you all (more than she can say right now) for your love, kindness and understanding at this very painful time in their lives.

“Sara wants to be left alone to care for her grief-stricken family and respectfully requests that the media leave her and her children alone.”

Ex-senior detective Martyn Underhill, the deputy senior investigating officer with Sussex Police during the Sarah Payne inquiry, paid tribute to Mr Payne, saying he could “walk with Sarah now”.

PA Undated collect photo of 8-year-old Sarah Payne who was murdered by p.a.e.dophile Roy Whiting

Mr Underhill, now the police and crime commissioner (PCC) for Dorset, said: “I was honoured to have known him. He battled his demons.

“But all he ever wanted to do was to see his daughter again. When Sarah went, it destroyed Michael as well.”

Mr Payne’s distraught children also spoke of their devastation.

His son Lee, 27, wrote on Facebook: “Dad, you had your demons and troubles but you had a good heart and was a decent man! I hope now you have found peace at last! RIP, you will be missed. We are all heartbroken.”

PA Sara and Michael Payne

His daughter Charlotte, 19, posted a picture of her father on Facebook alongside a message saying she was “heartbroken”.

“No matter what happened and how many mistakes we all made. You will always be my daddy,” she wrote.

She later added: “I’m sorry I couldn’t save you dad. I hope you have finally found your peace and happiness.”

Eight-year-old Sarah was abducted by Whiting - a convicted p.a.e.dophile - from a country lane near her grandparents’ home in Kingston, West Sussex. Her body was found in a shallow grave two weeks later. Whiting was jailed for life in 2001.

Grief-stricken Mr Payne turned to drink to cope.

He split from his wife Sara in 2003 after 18 years together. Both of them blamed their struggle to come to terms with the tragic loss of their daughter.

The family of missing eight year old Sarah Payne

Mr Payne said at the time he felt guilty for being unable to protect his daughter and this had put strain on his marriage.

Three years ago Mr Payne was jailed after pleading guilty to glassing his brother Stephen following a heavy drinking session where both men consumed around three litres of cider each and a bottle of vodka.

Sentencing him, Judge Jeremy Carey said he had the “deepest sympathy” for the loss of his daughter but the offence warranted a jail sentence.

Speaking after the jail term for Whiting was reduced in 2010, Mr Payne said the decision to cut the sentence from 50 years to 40 before becoming eligible for parole was “outrageous”.

“He didn’t deserve a reduction but he won’t be coming out,” he said.

A Kent police spokesman said yesterday: “The death is not being treated as suspicious. A report will be prepared for the coroner.”

An inquest is expected to be opened into Mr Payne’s death next week.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sa ... ad-4535159

Tragedy upon tragedy... :(
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Truthiness2

Post by Truthiness2 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Dreadful news :s_cry

Another victim of that monster :Bang_head

Now Sara will be grieving again.
“‎"Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.”
― John Wooden

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Ex-senior detective Martyn Underhill, the deputy senior investigating officer with Sussex Police during the Sarah Payne inquiry, paid tribute to Mr Payne, saying he could “walk with Sarah now”.

May he R.I.P with little Sarah....at last.... :s_sad
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p