This made me cry

Whiterose

This made me cry

Post by Whiterose » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:09 am

"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

urcrazy

Re: This made me cry

Post by urcrazy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:13 am

I swapped that round for you WR as the link doesn't work as a topic title :s_thumbsup
Scotland Yard detectives believe Madeleine was abducted in "a criminal act by a stranger"

No Janine you poor deluded muppet, I am NOT John Lowe.
And neither, thankfully, are you.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 am

urcrazy wrote:I swapped that round for you WR as the link doesn't work as a topic title :s_thumbsup
Ahh thanks !! I just pm'd Cath to do that :kiss-s:
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Cath

Post by Cath » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:26 am

Sorry I just got online. Thanks UR. :s_thumbsup
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday [28-04-2015], Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair and ordered to pay them €250,000 each in damages. The judge also banned further sale of his book, the Truth of the Lie.

Cath

Post by Cath » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:29 am

Oh wow, very good that.
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday [28-04-2015], Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair and ordered to pay them €250,000 each in damages. The judge also banned further sale of his book, the Truth of the Lie.

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:09 pm

:s_sad
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Jayelles

Post by Jayelles » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:48 pm

If a homeless person stopped me and asked me for food, I'd happily buy them meal. I don't like giving money though because I worry that it will be used for drugs or booze.

Mobyra

Post by Mobyra » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Impossible to give EVERYBODY who begs here something EVERY time, you'd be running out of money before you got to the shop or you'd be running out of food before you could get your shopping home. It's absolutely tragic, and it's not only the usual suspects these days, it's ordinary families, mums & dads with no other way out. There is always someone collecting for the food banks outside the shops now, they normally tell you what they're desperately short of before you go in, last time it was " any type of fruit for the children".

:s_sad :s_sad :s_sad

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:21 pm

The only person to offer food was the person who was himself without. Just goes to show what a lovely person he was inside, which really counts the most in the end doesn't it, no matter how wealthy you are if you are a rotten person inside then you might as well be a nobody.

I think out of everything hunger to me is the worse, when I see babies on the tv crying for food it breaks my heart.

Yes I would rather buy someone food and drink than give them money as the people who work with the homeless say some will buy drink or drugs with the money, if they are warm and fed it goes a long way.

Epictetus

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Mobyra wrote:Impossible to give EVERYBODY who begs here something EVERY time, you'd be running out of money before you got to the shop or you'd be running out of food before you could get your shopping home. It's absolutely tragic, and it's not only the usual suspects these days, it's ordinary families, mums & dads with no other way out. There is always someone collecting for the food banks outside the shops now, they normally tell you what they're desperately short of before you go in, last time it was " any type of fruit for the children".

:s_sad :s_sad :s_sad

Very true Mobyra, in this day and age you wouldn't think there would be families who couldn't buy food for themselves and family.

I heard of a case where a mother collapsed as she had not been eating herself and just feeding her children. What is going on!!

I give regularly to the food banks, but it shouldn't be necessary should it? Recently they have been short of shampoo, shower gel toilet rolls etc. seems they get a lot of tin stuff.

Epictetus