Ref. old interview with Peter Smith

Post by sal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:04 am

Sue in Wales
@auldcrip
·
Oct 14, 2013
@JasonFarrellSky

@xklamation
can you talk NOW as CW has aired about the Smith interview which you said was subject to an embargo? #McCann

Jason Farrell
@JasonFarrellSky
Replying to
@auldcrip
@auldcrip

@xklamation
crimewatch was embargoed. The smith interview is old but it was clear he didn't get a good view of the suspect's face
11:33 PM · Oct 14, 2013·Twitter for iPad
Joana (A of Antifa) Morais
@JoanaAMorais
·
Oct 14, 2013
Replying to
@JasonFarrellSky
@JasonFarrellSky
«I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerald McCann that I met that night carrying a child» Mr.Smith http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
Jason Farrell
@JasonFarrellSky
·
Oct 14, 2013
@xklamation
it was Peter Smith who I spoke to, who was in the group. That wasn't his take on it.
@JoanaAMorais
·
Oct 14, 2013
@JasonFarrellSky
That's right, M. Smith, Peter's father was the one who stated that. Strangely suppressed since it seems he was one of the
@JoanaAMorais
·
Oct 14, 2013
Replying to
@JasonFarrellSky
@JasonFarrellSky
But thank you for answering, any chance of seeing that interview online? ^^
Jason Farrell
@JasonFarrellSky
·
Oct 14, 2013
@xklamation
no the old five news website it would have been on is long gone.
@JoanaAMorais
·
Oct 14, 2013
@JasonFarrellSky
That's unfortunate, thank you regardless :)
Rogério Alves says claims made by Gonçalo Amaral are a 'waste of time'

scoobydoo

Re: Ref. old interview with Peter Smith

Post by scoobydoo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 pm

I was so comical to think it was gerry for several reasons.

1. The description of the smiths didn't match Gerry. They described a tall skinny dark skinned nan, Gerry is stocky, average height and pale.

2. All but one or two of the smiths stated it definitely was not Gerry

3. Staff at the resort place Gerry on site at the time of the smiths sighting.

4. The mother of a friend of one of the McCann's friends i.e a woman they hardly knew before the holiday placed Gerry on site at the time.

5. The friends of the McCann's friends i.e people they barely knew before the holiday placed Gerry on site at the time.

6. The McCann's friends placed Gerry on site at the time

7. The Smith who said it could have been Gerry didn't say this until after another man he was friendly with was arrested and the police had started saying the McCann's could be guilty. Before this despite seeing Gerry McCann on TV and in the papers several times he never mentioned it.

8. The reason he thought it could be Gerry was comical to be frank. He said when he watched TV and saw stocky pale Gerry McCann walking down aeroplane steps in broad daylight at a fair distance from the camera it was like seeing a video replay of a swarthy, skinny man walking right by him in a dark level street. Exactly what was similar, the way they carried a child. Yes that right Gerry McCann carried a child down aeroplane steps in the exact same way all adults carry children down aeroplane steps. There isn't exactly a lot of ways to carry a child down aeroplane steps.

9. He's now recanted as far as I am aware and admits he doesn't think it was Gerry.

catkins

Post by catkins » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:41 pm

The Smith family could knock on the idiot trolls doors and tell them it wasn’t Gerry....and they still wouldn’t believe it.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 pm
I was so comical to think it was gerry for several reasons.

1. The description of the smiths didn't match Gerry. They described a tall skinny dark skinned nan, Gerry is stocky, average height and pale.

2. All but one or two of the smiths stated it definitely was not Gerry

3. Staff at the resort place Gerry on site at the time of the smiths sighting.

4. The mother of a friend of one of the McCann's friends i.e a woman they hardly knew before the holiday placed Gerry on site at the time.

5. The friends of the McCann's friends i.e people they barely knew before the holiday placed Gerry on site at the time.

6. The McCann's friends placed Gerry on site at the time

7. The Smith who said it could have been Gerry didn't say this until after another man he was friendly with was arrested and the police had started saying the McCann's could be guilty. Before this despite seeing Gerry McCann on TV and in the papers several times he never mentioned it.

8. The reason he thought it could be Gerry was comical to be frank. He said when he watched TV and saw stocky pale Gerry McCann walking down aeroplane steps in broad daylight at a fair distance from the camera it was like seeing a video replay of a swarthy, skinny man walking right by him in a dark level street. Exactly what was similar, the way they carried a child. Yes that right Gerry McCann carried a child down aeroplane steps in the exact same way all adults carry children down aeroplane steps. There isn't exactly a lot of ways to carry a child down aeroplane steps.

9. He's now recanted as far as I am aware and admits he doesn't think it was Gerry.
The proof of that is that after initially refusing to do so, he agreed to produce an efit.

As Mel once memorably put it, you would no more produce an efit of someone you thought was Gerry than you would someone you thought was The Queen.

The Queen, not quite as well known as Gerry, obviously.

But apart from that, I thought it was a very good analogy.